Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Site Which Shall Not Be Named - $3 trade sale, .80 cent back issues

The Site Which Shall Not Be Named*, if it really existed, is NOT having a $3 trade/.80 back issue sale right now to ramp up for convention season. So you don't need to go there to fill in that back stock or pick up a book you've been eyeballing.

www.fearlessreadersonline.com

As always, I have relayed this information after I went in and got all "the good stuff". Which wasn't there...honestly.

* For New People: The Site Which Shall Not Be Named is the site in the link, above (Fearless Readers). They go to conventions and scour back issue bins and snag trades in bulk where they can and pass the savings on by selling them for a buck or so per back issue or $5 a trade. When we first stumbled onto it, we felt like something this cool was simply too good to let the word get out and have other people staking our claim, so we began calling it "The Site Which Shall Not Be Named" and we always refer to sales as non-existant. For example: "I did not just spend $12 to get the complete trade run on American Virgin."** Several people consistently got confused/failed to see the humor/flat out didn't get it. These people also still think Leno is funny. :)

** Also important to note - they make their money off shipping so it behooves you to get quite a bit so you're getting bang for your buck. I ordered 16 trades and with shipping that was $58, or just a bit more than $3 per trade. You can't beat that.

Comments

• Options
    MaxDillonMaxDillon Posts: 19
    edited March 2013
    The shipping is an absolute killer. They do allow for in-store pickup for those that live within driving distance. I did that once about a year ago, and it was a fun experience. I was able to dig through all the longboxes, including about 200 boxes that had not been processed yet. Kind of like a comic book version of American Pickers!

• Options
    DrGonzoDrGonzo Posts: 2
    Thanks so much for this... never knew it existed, so went there & spent $61 (incl shipping) for 17 trades. Some things I've wanted to check out (you know, the 'borrow' category stuff) but wasn't willing to drop $9-$13 on (even at DCBS)... but at $3.58 each, I'll bite!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I just wish trades weren't so scatter shot. You find something you like but they'll have volume 1, 3, and 5, lol, oh well.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    That's the real trick with them...given how they obtain trades it's rare that you'll find a complete run of anything at any time (although this time around I did pick up all four trades of American Virgin). I will say if you visit the site regularly you'll usually find different volumes of a particular run offered at different times. I've filled gaps in Exiles, She-Hulk and Ms. Marvel runs that way.