Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel Now - Marvel Then - Marvel Which??

This 700+ comic Marvel giveaway has been not only a blessing, but also a somewhat of a curse. I manged to get around 150 of the comics, including all the Marvel Now. Being a mainly DC reader this has given me the opportunity to give Marvel Now a go, as well as a lot of older stuff too. I thought I might like one or two books that I could catch up with. But my wish list has just grown and grown as I've got through the books. Savage Wolverine, Thor, Indestructable Hulk, Avengers, Fantastic Four and FF, Avengers Arena, Hawkeye. All books I've really enjoyed. I'd like to start picking up a few monthly or in trade. But I'd like some help deciding which???

Spoiler free, which of these books have continued to be good and are the ones I should be getting? I've still got a lot to read including Daredevil and a couple of the X books. And I'm thinking about going Guardians of the galaxy too. But what's the cream of the crop???

P.s. I'm anticipating a lot of Hawkeye answers.

Comments

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    So far off Marvel now I've enjoyed FF, Savage Wolverine, X-Force and Indestructible Hulk. Thunderbolts has been good but not great.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    From what I've read of it, All-New X-Men has continued to be good. And of course, Hawkeye.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I'm reading three:

Hawk-Guy, which nails it every time.

Thor, which took a huge drop in quality with the latest issue.

Hulk, which only looks to get better when Walt Simonson starts in a couple issues.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I'm reading Hawkeye, FF, Fantastic Four, Fearless Defenders, Avengers, Deadpool and I think Captain Marvel has been put under the Marvel Now banner as well. I'm picking up other titles when I can.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Yeah let me add Fearless Defenders to that list as well as All-New X-Men (but with that one I read two issues and decided to trade-wait...same deal with Hulk)
  • Options
    PommykiwiPommykiwi Posts: 25
    Personal favourites are: All New X-Men, Fantastic Four, Avengers, New Avengers, Hawkeye, and Avengers Arena.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    edited March 2013
    Thanks everyone. Think I'll have to pick up Hawkeye. As that seems to have everyones vote. Trade is out soon, if not now too.

All New X-Men seems to be getting a lot of votes so I think I'll get that in trade too.

And I think I'll have to Savage Wolverine too, but I'll get that in issues.

Three will be a nice start and I might even grab a couple more if finances are good. Guardians of the Galaxy may take up another monthly spot. My DC orders are dropping and Marvel's growing. That's new for me!!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited March 2013
    I've been reading Hawkeye, Captain Marvel, Daredevil, Avengers Assemble, and Fearless Defenders and really enjoying those. That's the most Marvel books on my pull list at one time in years. Hell, for a while there, my entire pull list wasn't that big!

Indestructible Hulk was really good, too, but I decided I wanted to switch to trades on that. Think I might give All New X-Men and maybe Captain America a shot in collected form, too, since I enjoyed the first issues of those.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    WetRats said:

I'm reading three:

Thor, which took a huge drop in quality with the latest issue.

DID IT EVER! I like Butch Guice. His work on Cap and then Winter Soldier was solid. However, the change in style was jarring. Marvel should have found someone closer to Ribic's style. Also, Gorr works better if you don't know his motivations.
    Thor GoT had been my "top of the pile" MN book. Now it might be Uncanny X-Men.