Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What The Flashpoint? What’s Booster Gold Up To?

Overheard by the wife of a Little Bleeder at WonderCon, at the DC booth by someone (we don’t know who) signing autographs;

Booster Gold is going to start showing up a lot outside of just All Star Western, including his own title. That he’s going to start remembering pre Flashpoint continuity. And that supposedly the F in WTF will actually stand for Flashpoint.

Could the WTF issues reference Flashpoint in some way?
bleedingcool.com/2013/04/01/what-the-flashpoint-whats-booster-gold-up-to/

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I see a gold/yellow glove & a sliver of a blue knee...sounds accurate.

M
  • Options
    When New 52 started I remember talking to a friend of mine about old continuity and a way that DC could go back to it and I always thought that somehow Booster Gold would be the key.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Booster Gold is the greatest hero in the DC Universe. If anyone can save DC from itself... it will be Booster.
  • Options
    Back door retcon??
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    I would get on board this bec booster is one of my favorite characters and I really liked how they handled him in 52.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I could see this absolutely as a backdoor retcon back to the pre-52 stuff. Here's what I wonder though if they do decide to go back to the old continuity. Will it help DC's sales? The main reason that the new 52 in the first place was to find a way to get more sales because a lot of their books weren't performing all that well. It worked for a time but if I heard correctly, DC is more or less back where they wer before the reboot. So if they were to find a way to get back to the old contiuity, would it matter sales-wise?
  • Options
    Can anyone shed more light on this? I haven't picked up a New52 title in 6 months. If Booster is playing a major role in something, I'll probably get it. Someone please help me out.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Hex said:

Can anyone shed more light on this? I haven't picked up a New52 title in 6 months. If Booster is playing a major role in something, I'll probably get it. Someone please help me out.

Right now, you know just about as much as we do.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    As far as I know, the April issues of the new 52 were supposed to be "WTF Certified" by having a gatefold cover that has something crazy on it when you see th entire cover. Also, something shocking was supposed to happen in each issue. Not sure about Booster having a part in all of it but it does look like he'll be in All Star Western. I just got Green Lantern #19 which was part of that "WTF Certified" plan. I will say that there was a WTF moment in the comic but no Booster in it.
  • Options
    jaydee74 said:

As far as I know, the April issues of the new 52 were supposed to be "WTF Certified" by having a gatefold cover that has something crazy on it when you see th entire cover. Also, something shocking was supposed to happen in each issue. Not sure about Booster having a part in all of it but it does look like he'll be in All Star Western. I just got Green Lantern #19 which was part of that "WTF Certified" plan. I will say that there was a WTF moment in the comic but no Booster in it.

Excellent, thanks for the heads up. I'll keep a look out for them on the rack at the LCS over next few weeks.
  • Options
    AlwaysjammerAlwaysjammer Posts: 43
    edited April 2013