Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers vs X-Men #0

So I read #0 and thought it was okay. There was a lot of things I didn't understand. I didn't realize that Vision was back or when Wanda used his body to do anything that made him so ticked off like he was. I also didn't know that Vision could cry. Being an android and all. Also, did Hope use Scott's powers? She can do that? Okay. It wasn't a bad start to this superhero smackdown. What did everyone else think of this and what are your thoughts on this as a whole?

Let the discussion......BEGIN!

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited March 2012
    Stark (iirc) was rebuilding Vision and was brought back after Fear Itself and just before Osborn and his new Dark Avengers started causing a ruckus. That's all I can tell you. I can't think of what Wanda may have done, I was out of comics for long time. As for Hope, I don't really know much about her.

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    The recent Avengers 24.1 is a nice focus on the Vision. It looks at things from his point of view and some of what he missed while he was a pile of spare parts for the last few years.
    Glad to have him back.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I always liked the character. It was one of the many reasons I always enjoyed West Coast Avengers back in the day. I'm curious to see how this goes. Not that I have a whole lot invested in this overall. I suppose I'm going to be rooting for the X-Men. I mean, why not?
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    I know that it is a #0 rather than a #1, so I guess that means it is supposed to be exposition or prologue (is that what a zero issue is? Don't really know anymore, I have never really got the sense of a zero issue-- either something is important enough to be part of the story or it isn't).

Anyway, that said, even as a zero issue, I thought this made for an underwhelming start. It felt like this was doing old business (e.g. an encounter between Scarlet Witch and Vision; a reminder that Cyclops and Hope fight a lot) and there was no actual moment that the Avengers and X-Men crossed over. Nor did I even get a sense from this issue what, if any, current relationship or tension there might be between them. It was even an anthology: a Scarlet Witch story about Avenger things and an X-Men story about X-Men things.

And even though it was the zero issue, for this to be the first thing to hit stands with the big AvX on the cover felt to me like they were watering things down from the start. Hope the #1 issue next week will be stronger. And if it is, then it was probably where they should have started instead of this.
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Vision has been one of my favorite characters for a long time. I am very glad that he's back.

Waiting for the trade on this one. Rooting for the Avengers even though I don't see a clear cut "winner" coming out of this; but the Avengers have a woman on their team with a tushy that'll make a man believe in God...Cap's own words. Has to give them some kind of edge.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I'm looking forward to reading this.
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    another pointless event from marvel
  • Options
    Having not been in the know about what's going on in the Marvel Universe (I check out a random issue here and there but I honestly don't know the status quo anymore) I found this kind of interesting. I've always liked Wanda so I'm glad she's back. I always liked her with Vision as Tony said so I hope there is someway those two whacky kids can get back together.

I kind of liked the X-Men side of things. I did check out the last issue of X-Sanction (that's what it was called, right) where Scott made a promise to Cable that he would protect Hope was nice. I can already see the X-Men's side of things and not so much the Avengers because there point of view wasn't really shown unless I missed something.

Anyway, I'll check this out but not sure how much I want to invest myself into it which is why I'm lucky enough to be able to borrow this from a co-worker. I still need a score board on who is on what team and whatnot.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    but the Avengers have a woman on their team with a tushy that'll make a man believe in God...Cap's own words. Has to give them some kind of edge.
    Cap said "Tushy"?

Steve Rogers, Brooklyn-born, raised in the Great Depression, said "Tushy"?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Well...not exactly in canon. It's a Drunk Cap reference.
  • Options
    Wait, what woman was Drunk Cap talking about again? Because if I'm not mistaken and with my current Marvel knowledge, who knows but don't the X-Men have a lot of women who you could make that same statement about?
  • Options
    ???

Can you elaborate without causing people to scream "SPOILER!!!"?

• Options
    ???

Can you elaborate without causing people to scream "SPOILER!!!"?

A good introduction can be found here.
  • Options
    but the Avengers have a woman on their team with a tushy that'll make a man believe in God...Cap's own words. Has to give them some kind of edge.
    Cap said "Tushy"?

Steve Rogers, Brooklyn-born, raised in the Great Depression, said "Tushy"?
    In his defense... he had been drinking.
  • Options
    Spider-Woman. Look up the Drunk Cap spotlight episode. Drunk Cap is telling a story about the Avengers holiday party. I really can't do it justice by retelling it here.
  • Options
    I'm also partial to drunk Batroc the Leaper...
  • Options
    And his tushy?
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    No surprise to me the Bendis Avenger's section did not work. Even after all this time he still does not have a grasp of the characters. After reading Avenger's Children's Crusade which leads right up to this event it is sad to see so much of the that great story not brought up in the 0 issue.

When you have Frank Cho and Jim Cheung who need a lot of lead time or are kind of known for being late it could be they wanted the zero issue to be very broad.
  • Options
    And his tushy?
    Nah. I have Peggy Carter for that.

I mean "Sharon".
  • Options
    I miss Hugh Jarse.

• Options
    I miss Hugh Jarse.

Me, too.
  • Options
    I miss Hugh Jarse.

I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you...
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    I can't think of what Wanda may have done, I was out of comics for long time.
    Didn't Vision spit out a bunch of Ultrons during Disassembled?
  • Options
    I can't think of what Wanda may have done, I was out of comics for long time.
    Didn't Vision spit out a bunch of Ultrons during Disassembled?
    He did. They were as real as any of the other figures she conjured up.

• Options
    KyleMoyerKyleMoyer Posts: 727
    I miss Hugh Jarse.

Something happened to him?
  • Options
    I miss Hugh Jarse.

Something happened to him?
    I haven't seen him here yet.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I flipped through #0 this weekend. I'm slightly more tempted to pick this up just to see if anything more happens between Wanda and Vision. Like Tony said to Wolverine, I always liked them together.
  • Options
    I read #1 today. I thought it was your basic first chapter of this story. It wasn't bad. There was a training session between two characters that was pretty interesting. It's funny though. I remember seeing a sneak peek at some pages and it basically outlines the whole plot for this event. Not bad. I don't know how excited I can be about this but it wasn't a bad first issue.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    edited April 2012
    according to every thing i've seen with the 0 issue and the 24.1 avengers issue, they're saying Vision hasn't been around since disassembled right? but Vision was with the young avengers or with the runaways or young avengers/runaways crossover right during Civil war? i'm 99% sure i remember him in that

and was there any explanation of where Wanda's been? she just said ok time to appear in public again?

wasn't bad, i'm probably going to get the rest of them unless it takes a weird turn

which i won't know until the very end when they show that all the people they killed during the event didn't actually die but oh well