Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New 52 Kid Friendly DC action figures

I was very saddened to day, when I spotted new kid friendly Justice League action figures (seemingly based on the Brave and the Bold stylings), with New 52 paint jobs. I'm sorry, but Supes is too much blue, not enough red and yellow.

The rest of the set is posted here.

comicbook.com/blog/2013/03/23/justice-league-toys-bring-new-52-look-to-target-stores/

And, Flash, wipe those stupid lines off your suit.. and that goes for you, too, Batman.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    My son and I found these figures at Target a couple weeks back. They sell the box set but also each figure individually. He picked The Flash...he's pretty happy and so I decided to stay quiet about the stupid lines on the suit.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    They sell them individually? Cool cause I really like the Green Lantern figure.
  • Options
    edited April 2013

The part that floors me is that Flash's elbows are jointed but his knees aren't.
  • Options
    And I am off to my local Target. YES!
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    Is it just me or does Flash's upper body look huge, but with teeny tiny legs?
  • Options
    No. It's not just you but they all kind of look like that.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    You're right, but Flash is by far the worst.
  • Options
    I don't know. I think Superman looks just as bad. Green Lantern slighty better and I can't tell about Batman because there is a glare on the package. For whaever reason, I think Green Lantern looks the best detail-wise.
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    The figures are obviously based on DC's animated shows...which is why they have that large upper body w/ smaller legs look.

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    These are some fugly looking figures.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Flash, in particular, looks like he should be a jigsaw and could be taken apart at those lightning lines.

"I have the most peculiar feeling that I'm a puppet...!"
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    They feel like they have a "frankenfigure" thing going on. It's been mentioned before that these seem to be Brave and the Bold repaints. The arms, especially the shoulders don't feel right. And Superman and Aquaman's seem a bit wonky.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    rebis said:

They feel like they have a "frankenfigure" thing going on.

:)) =D>
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I saw the other day that there's a carded Lex Luthor figure (in battlesuit, 'natch) available, too.

These aren't really my cuppa, but if kids dig 'em, great. But I like the look of the Power Action Batman line and have the Batman (blue & gray with trunks costume) and Robin figures on my shelf at home, so I accept that maybe you can't go by me. :)
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

These aren't really my cuppa, but if kids dig 'em, great.

That's a good point. I'm not enthused about these figures either, but they're a lot better than what was available when I was a kid. We had Captain Action, and he could only do a few superheroes, but then he became Steve Canyon. The Batman TV show inspired a few toys, but I remember best a cheap Batman figure (and a Robin figure) that were made of stiff monochromatic plastic, not unlike those famous plastic toy soldiers. They were not poseable at all.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    rebis said:

They feel like they have a "frankenfigure" thing going on. It's been mentioned before that these seem to be Brave and the Bold repaints. The arms, especially the shoulders don't feel right. And Superman and Aquaman's seem a bit wonky.

That Superman looks A LOT wonky... like if you slapped him on the back his face mask would fall off, and reveal just a neck stump. His body appears to be just a repaint of Batman's. That Cyborg doesn't look too awful in metallic paint, but the one I saw at target was a flat gray with lines painted on it.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    edited April 2013
    Understanding fully that I am not the intended audience, these are the thoughts I have:

Congrats! You finally distracted me from missing Superman's red trunks... by taking that ridiculous collar to the extreme and just making his entire neck post blue.

Why is Green Lantern's head so small? I mean, don't get me wrong - all the heads are small when put on those bodies, and Green Lantern, overall, is likely my favorite of these looks, but his head miniscule.

Batman... knee pads... ha!

You know, for over 30 years, I've been looking at the Flash, and I always thought, "You know, that costume sure could use some incoherent and extraneous yellow line patterns."

And, as always, "Aquaman talks to fish. Man, I loved those old dancing Aquaman bumpers on Adult Swim."

Hey, if kids like 'em, great.

I think they have taken parts from various lines, which is what gives them all the "Frankenfigure" feel. Or, at the least, they've adapted molds. A lot of that looks like Brave and the Bold stuff, but some is not.