Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Fully Dressed Redesigns of Superheroines.

A less than horny take on the ladies of comicdom. Some nice designs that I would actually like to see.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/what-would-fully-clothed-female-superheroes-look-like

Comments

• Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Wow. I actually like each of these quite a bit. A couple small tweaks and I would totally love em.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited April 2013
    Well, I don't mind them now...but it would have been devastating to 12 year old me.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Same here. Most of these designs make good sense and I like them better than what's being used -- with the exceptions of Power Girl, Black Canary and Zatanna, whose original outfits are just too iconic to replace. And I like the fishnets on the latter two.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    Agreed! That Elektra costume is perfect!
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Elektra looks awesome if a tad Mortal Kombat looking but I think that's why I like it. For the most part, I like most of these costumes from the waist up. I think something different should have been done with some of the pants with these heroes. Especially the Wonder Woman. I love everything except for the tan pants she's wearing. It just seems like the artist threw a pair of tan leggings with the rest of the costume and it feels out of place with the top and the boots. Also, I think I would have made them gold like the Wonder Woman emblem to keep the overall Wonder Woman costume colors. I do really like the Black Canary costume and Zatanna looks really cool.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Meh. There's something to be said for tight, formfitting costumes. Dollar Bill teaches us that this is so.

I'm assuming that the bottom middle is what everyone is calling Zatanna? I'm pretty sure, based on the broach that that's supposed to be Vampirella.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Yeah. It has a mystical look to it.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited April 2013
    hauberk said:

I'm assuming that the bottom middle is what everyone is calling Zatanna? I'm pretty sure, based on the broach that that's supposed to be Vampirella.

The one you're pointing out is definitely Vampirella, but this link to the original post leads off with Zatanna. While I like the original fishnets for Z, this redesign looks a little more useful for adventuring, or at least mystical investigation, which now that I type that is totally a direction I'd love to see them take her in.

Some of the designs work better than others (Supergirl is my favorite), but it's a good idea well-executed pretty much all around.
  • Options
    Moreover, whether we like a specific design or not, these outfits prove that it is possible to design an attractive costume for superheroines that aren't necessarily sexist and ridiculously non-functional.
  • Options

Moreover, whether we like a specific design or not, these outfits prove that it is possible to design an attractive costume for superheroines that aren't necessarily sexist and ridiculously non-functional.

Agreed!
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I really like the Power Girl concept.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Fan of pretty much all of them (in particular Black Canary, Elektra, and Psylocke) with the exception of Wonder Woman. Mainly because those look like guy-trousers and the brown just doesn't go with the rest of the costume. Black leggings would have worked better.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Black leggings would have worked better.

And be more slimming, too.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Fan of pretty much all of them (in particular Black Canary, Elektra, and Psylocke) with the exception of Wonder Woman. Mainly because those look like guy-trousers and the brown just doesn't go with the rest of the costume. Black leggings would have worked better.

That's the one that works the least for me, too, and it's entirely because it looks like she's wearing Dockers. :D