Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Price Guide For Job Lot Of Comics

I'm needing to generate some money rather urgently and have been contacted by somebody who is interested in buying a large amount of my comics.

There's around 800 of them, 90% are Marvel/DC from the last 10 years with a few others things mixed in.

Any guidance on what would be a fair price to ask? They are all in good condition and bagged. There are a couple with a few slight bends but the large, large majority are in fantastic condition.

Comments

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    If they are from the last 10 years or so, you can only really expect "bulk rate" from most shops because most shops simply don't make any money off of back issues any more. There are some that do well, but for the most part, back issues are a dead market for anything but things from the Bronze Age on back.

Brian Hibbs talks about how he buys recent back issues by the pound, and at the last shop I worked at, it was a dime a comic unless it was pre-1975 or something worth more than $10. People simply don't look for back issues all that much.

So, find out what he wants to pay (I'd say anything over 50 cents an issue is good) and try to talk him up from there.
  • Options
    GrievyGrievy Posts: 2
    Cheers Bry! This is an individual rather than a shop but I think we're getting to agree on a price now.

Keep up the great work on the show.