Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Phoenix Comicon 2013

OK... so who's going to Phoenix Comicon this year? (May 23-26, 2013)

I've never been to a comic convention before, but my wife surprised me last night when she said she'd be interested in going! Our 11 yr old son wants to go, but our 13 yr old daughter is mortified at the thought (but she'll go along -- and she should cosplay as Amy Pond!).

We live in Tucson, so it's only a 1 1/2 hour drive, and I think we'd probably only go for one day.

My wife isn't a comic book fan, but she is a big sci-fi TV fan (loves Babylon 5, Farscape, Buffy, Angel, Alias, Lost, Doctor Who, Walking Dead) and most sci-fi and comic book movies.

I know a lot of actors/celebrities will be there, but is it only to get photos taken with them ($$)? Or will there be panels/presentations, or random sightings? I think that's the thing the Mrs. is interested in.

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I don't think there's any hard & fast rule on con celebrity pricing protocol. I've seen people who are willing to meet with fans and even take pictures, but charge for autographs, I've seen people charge for both photos and autographs, and I've seen people charge just to go up to the table for any interaction. There's also no real set rule on who charges how much for what (though expect to pay more for, say, Shatner than for Random Sleestak from the original Land of the Lost). You'll know how much you're willing to pay for the experience (if at all) when you're in the moment. :D

Enjoy the con, and be sure to tell us how it is!
  • Options
    7h0m457h0m45 Posts: 49
    edited April 2013
    Here is a link to the photo op prices, most are $20 and these are taken by a professional photographer.

http://www.phoenixcomicon.com/page/38

I dont know the protocol if you just go up to their table and ask to take a pic yourself, probably all of them will charge for autographs though.

All of them will most likely be involved in a panel or two and they are making a big deal about the Babylon 5 20th Anniversary group so I'm sure there will be a panel with all of them.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Stop by my booth! I'll be there! Let me know who you are from the forums and I'll actually be nice to you! Look for the Studio Fugazi banner! :)