Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Geek Savants

dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
edited March 2012 in Other Comic Podcasts
Surprised there isn't a thread already about what has to be the funniest geek related podcast out there. This weeks episode is amazing and had me laughing so hard I woke up my entire family.

Comments

• Options
    Just relistened to the newest episode tonight while I was out shopping and it was even funnier the second time. Seriously if you aren't listening to The geek savants you should be. It is funnier than any sitcom currently on the air. Plus where else will you get Super Ugly's dramatic readings from "Boat Orgy". Which is a classic piece of litature from Juan Villa.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited March 2012
    Plus where else will you get Super Ugly's dramatic readings from "Boat Orgy". Which is a classic piece of litature from Juan Villa.
    Just imagine a unabridged audiobook read by Super Ugly, a mini comix by Dave, music by Ron and some figurines done by Grant.....and maybe a game concept by Brian...all a tribute to the genius that is Juan Villa :@)
  • Options
    Are you guys hosts on Geek Savants? Whats the pod about?
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Just imagine a unabridged audiobook read by Super Ugly, a mini comix by Dave, music by Ron and some figurines done by Grant.....and maybe a game concept by Brian...all a tribute to the genius that is Juan Villa :@)

I smell a Kickstarter......I would totally donate to make that a reality!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Are you guys hosts on Geek Savants? Whats the pod about?
    Nah I am just a huge fan of The Geek Savants podcast. It is hosted by Dave Dwonch,Super Ugly,Ron Zorb,Grant Miller and Brian Roberts.

The show is basically 3 or 4 long time friends sitting down and just bullshitting about crazy stuff for usually 1 1/2 hours each week. Some times they talk comics. But really the best episodes are when they just wing it. Give the most current episode a listen.
  • Options
    ...and it's very filthy!
  • Options
    Episode 54 volume 2 has to be one of the funniest episodes TGS have done in months. Glad to hear Grant's kickstarter went thru and he can now produce the stellifrom owl. Also sounds like this year's Wondercon was great. Sorry to hear about Super Ugly's cat passing away. I know how hard it can be when pet died. Back last year on December 23rd my dog Peaches passed away. She was 15 1/2 years old,and 3 years ago the vet had told me her kidneys were showing signs of shutting down. He told me back then that he doubted she would live to the end of that year. Well she proved him wrong. I got her back when she was only 2 months old. And she was like another one of my kids. Matter of fact I buried her in the family cementery and had my father make her a tombstone. Gonna go next week and put it on her grave.

But on a happier subject I loved it when Super Ugly referred to T-Dawg from the Walking Dead tv show as "Token Dawg". It seems like this year the writers just forgot about him. And I am wondering why it seems like he always gets the shit work. Shit he even got the worst of the vehicles. I hope he is given much more to do in season 3.
  • Options
    Episode 54 volume 2
    Awesome episode indeed. And the future for each one of the cast looks so bright. So many goals reached - and yet so much more ahead. They would never admit it themselves but they are movers and shaker. Congrats :)
  • Options
    Episode 54 volume 2
    Awesome episode indeed. And the future for each one of the cast looks so bright. So many goals reached - and yet so much more ahead. They would never admit it themselves but they are movers and shaker. Congrats :)
    One of my goals for either this year or next year is to get a comission from Super Ugly and one from Dave. And maybe even get Grant to make me a statue.

I will agree it seems all the Savants have bright futures ahead of them. Hopefully one day I will get to meet at least a few of them. Cause I get a strong feeling that I can out smoke Super Ugly. Shit if this was 20 years ago I bet I could out drink Dave. But since I haven't really drank much in the past 10 years I know he could beat me now.

• Options
    The Geek Savant crew has been doing one episode a month on ustream. Watched part of one today and it was pretty fun. Got to talk to Neutron11. And this makes me wish more podcasts would do one streaming video episode a month. Plus Zombie Paunch frakking rules.