Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1364 Talkback: C2E2 Recap

The fourth annual Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo, or C2E2, happened this past weekend and Pants was there. He talks about his experience at the show and we discuss several of the news stories to come out of the convention. Also Murd gives us his thoughts on the first trade of Saga. (57:52)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    edited April 2013
    What were the "tough questions" that Jamie was referring to about why DC did not set up at C2E2? I have been busy with school, so my comic news is a little behind, and I was totally lost. Thanks
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Eric_C said:

What were the "tough questions" that Jamie was referring to about why DC did not set up at C2E2? I have been busy with school, so my comic news is a little behind, and I was totally lost. Thanks

You'll find your information here. Also, DC has blacklisted The Outhousers blog because they dared make fun of DC's recent turmoil.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Thanks for the congrats from everyone. Megs & "Fi" are doing well. I'm sure in another month people will be tired of hearing about her & the things I've been learning about being a father.

M
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    edited May 2013
    Eric_C said:

Well let's see:
    DC Comics Re-Hires Gail Simone As Writer Of 'Batgirl' Less Than Two Weeks After Firing Her

Andy Diggle off Action comics before the first issue hits the stands

Fialkov Left DC Comics Over Plans To Kill Off John Stewart, DC’s Black Green Lantern

And that's just the most recent and high profile mismanagement of creative talent by micromanaging editors. Then there's the usual questions about how their continuity is no better than when the new 52 started, where's Donna, Wally Cassandara Cain Stephanie Brown, and *insert your favorite DC character here*.

Yes Jamie, they'll show up to the bigger cons this summer, but will they have a Q+A period at the panels?
    No Q&A At The DC New 52 Panel At Wondercon
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    Shame I missed seeing {ants but I am glad he was on the floor because I remember last year he was doing cons solo and staying at the table. That was my first C2E2 and definitely not my last. Planning on Seattle next year and C2E2 in 2015. Congrats to Matt and Meagan. Say good-bye to sleep suckaaaaa!!!!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Congratulations to Megan and @Matt... you'll be tired as hell for the foreseeable future (in fact, I'm sure you are already), but it's a hell of a ride.

Just keep all your wits about you when you're changing diapers. Projectile poop is a very real thing. :(
  • Options

Congratulations to Megan and @Matt... you'll be tired as hell for the foreseeable future (in fact, I'm sure you are already), but it's a hell of a ride.

Just keep all your wits about you when you're changing diapers. Projectile poop is a very real thing. :(

Thanks for the advice. I'm sleeping fairly well, but then again Megs has started to pump & bottle. My useless at night might be changing very shortly.

M
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Congrats Meg and @Matt.

Be wary of how fast and far spit-up can go...and keep your mouth closed...all I'm gonna say...
  • Options
    Greg said:

Congrats Meg and @Matt.

Be wary of how fast and far spit-up can go...and keep your mouth closed...all I'm gonna say...

I wear a mask during changes, so I should be good, but thanks. LOL.

M
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited May 2013
    You're about to give the kid a smooch and you get a moutful of breakfast...not fun.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    @Matt a bit late, but still... Congrats to both you and Meg.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

@Matt a bit late, but still... Congrats to both you and Meg.

Thanks.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Congratulations to Meg and Matt. And many others have already said, sleep whenever you can, don't be shy about asking for help from friends and family, and write things down or you'll forget them. Enjoy!
  • Options
    David_D said:

Congratulations to Meg and Matt. And many others have already said, sleep whenever you can, don't be shy about asking for help from friends and family, and write things down or you'll forget them. Enjoy!

Thanks. Tonight is one of those nights I wished I stocked up on REM.

M
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited May 2013
    Was hoping to see a special thread for the occasion. I have "liked" a pic on Facebook of @Matt with his newborn though. Best wishes to you and your family. And much strength.
    As a father of two adults (20 + 18) I have to tell you : It will NEVER get easier :P
  • Options

Was hoping to see a special thread for the occasion. I have "liked" a pic on Facebook of @Matt with his newborn though. Best wishes to you and your family. And much strength.
    As a father of two adults (20 + 18) I have to tell you : It will NEVER get easier :P

Thank you much. I look forward to the challenge. Anything that has real value should be a challenge.

M
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Matt said:

David_D said:

Thanks. Tonight is one of those nights I wished I stocked up on REM.

M
    My wife and I referred to those first months as "Baby Hazing".

What is funny, though, is that having the last watch of the night--which for some dads is sitting up with the bottle, or in the case of our daughter, she just needed at some point for someone to sit up and hold her for a few hours, and that is how she (and my wife) would get some sleep-- is actually also a pretty special and meditative time. One of those exhausting things I sort of miss.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Congrats Matt.

My wife and I had our first son (2nd kid) the following day.
    9 lbs 13 ozs

Baby's name: Grayson
  • Options
    JDick said:

Congrats Matt.

My wife and I had our first son (2nd kid) the following day.
    9 lbs 13 ozs

Baby's name: Grayson

Hey, congrats to you & your wife. Weird, Sofie was 6 lbs 13oz.

M
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Belated congrats to Meg and Matt!
    DC at C2e2: I guess they are under fire! I think I'd be refusing questions, too. It's hard to be creative if people are questioning things all the time and trying to control your efforts.
    Aw, Yeah: hmm, I feel like I'm way behind on this. Maybe I can pick up some issues at fan expo?
    Itty Bitty Hellboy: hm....sounds like fun!
    Pants: hey, good on you for going out on the town at least one night! I need to do more of that myself.
    Uncle Sal: Pants, please remember to ask Sal questions relating to his "being in fine form" at C2E2 on the next storytime.
    Saga: another thing I've never read. Sounds like I'm missing out.