Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

There was once a Batman/Pokemon crossover.

There was once a Batman/Pokemon crossover.

Reader George B. wrote in to ask:

when I was a kid I used to watch Batman and Pokemon on the Kids WB on Saturday mornings. I remember some kind of crossover between the two shows. Am I nuts or was there something like that?

First off, let me just note that it makes me feel old to hear people telling stories of the Kids WB as being from when they were a kid. I await the day I get an e-mail like “Back when I was a kid and Brian Michael Bendis was still in his first year on New Avengers” or something like that. But that’s neither here nor there.

Anyhow, as it turns out, George is not COMPLETELY nuts, as there was SORT of a crossover between the two properties. You see, the Kids WB would do this thing where they would sort of mash-up their shows in commercials together. So shows that had nothing to do with each other, like Batman and Pokemon, would still get mashed together in commercials. Very cute stuff.

In the instance of Batman, it involved the Pokemon character, Jigglypuff. As you may or may not know, Pokemon is about a group of little “monsters,” little creatures with various powers and the people who capture and then “train” each of these little monsters. One of the characters is, indeed, called Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff puts her/his/its (?) enemies to sleep through a lullaby (almost all of the Pokemon characters can only speak their own name, so the song lyrics are literally just “Jiggypuff, Jigglypuff, Jigglypuff” etc.). Here it is in action…
goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2013/05/03/comic-book-legends-revealed-417/

Comments