Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1367 Talkback: Iron Man 3 Movie Review

2»

Comments

• Options
    GrayKnoxGrayKnox Posts: 11
    Ah, okay, sorry. I should have listened to the whole episode prior to posting. You did catch that.
  • Options
    GrayKnoxGrayKnox Posts: 11
    But I think it's about more than just selling tickets in China. There's the broader moral issue. Racism is bad.
  • Options
    LOVED this movie... one of the FEW movies that was unpredictable at so many turns. Really had no idea of the ACTUAL plot of the movie, and very little was spoiled ahead of time.

This movie proved you could have a kid co-star who is likeable and not annoying or grating... I had lost hope until this.

Murd, I love ya, but you don't need to give a blow-by-blow recount of the film... I would much rather hear it dissected, rather than recounted.

Speaking of selling tickets in China, there is a Chinese-only cut of this movie, with two Chinese co-stars who play prominent roles (as doctors) in that version... I think they are MAYBE part of the surgical team that fixes his heart, a minor sub-plot in our version. Most of the movie was filmed in China, and they worked closely with Chinese movie producers to create this version to appeal to the masses in China. There is NO WAY the Mandarin was going to be a Chinese Fu-Manchu type guy.

A couple of scenes were filmed on the street my employer is located on, as well as at Epic Games, right down the street from here. I don't think the Epic scenes made it into the movie, but the scenes near my office were the ones where Tony pulls over and has a panic attack. Pretty cool.