Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The SWToR Thread

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
Was just curious what my forumite guildmates are up to in game. I've been tied up with work and family haven't logged in for a few weeks. Ready for 1.2 to drop?

Comments

• Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I'm up to level 43 or 44(honestly can't remember!). It's sort of a strange feeling seeing the major story line begin to wrap up.

I'm excited for 1.2 but it really makes me wish my main character was a more restricted race. I'd love to roll a Chiss Jedi or a Pure Blood Sith Trooper.

Well, I just hit 50 today.

I looked up the very confusing lvl 50 PVP armor grind and it made me wish I saved all my warzone coms for merc coms. Sigh. Oh well.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Grats! I'm holding onto my commendations in that case.

I just hit lvl 26 on my bounty hunter over the weekend, just don't have the time to play much lately.

edited April 2012
    You can only have up to 1000 Warzone Coms saved...after that you'll only get xp, valor, etc for doing a warzone. So if you are close to 1000 it is a good idea to spend some on mercenary coms. You can buy these from the vendor standing next to the mission terminal in the PVP area of the fleet. When you reach 50 you'll need mercenary and warzone coms to buy bags to get high end gear. It's all very confusing, IMHO.

This is worth reading:

http://www.gamezone.com/products/star-wars-the-old-republic/originals/how-to-buy-pvp-gear-in-swtor

edited April 2012
    Well, the poop has hit the fan with the 1.2 update. I logged in yesterday only to discover all my skill points had been refunded to me. They tweaked the Sith Sorc and so now we all need to re spec. Fine, OK, I'll go heals this time..why not? So I do that and only find out later the big NERF was in healing! The healers are up in arms because they, level 50 btw, are dying almost as soon as they set foot out of the spawn in pvp.

Other players are mad as well because BW awarded an extra 30 days of free game play to all their level 50 players. A lot of people have been playing since early access and don't have a level 50 yet...I don't blame them for being upset. It should be awarded for time played or activity level..but not how high of a level your character is..some nuts buy the game and are level 50 in a week.

Now the servers are down all day. Yay! :(
    Son of a

Had today off from and planned on getting a few hours in.

Guess I'll work on the Panadaria beta instead.
    edited April 2012
    Anybody been hit by the rakghoul plague? I keep getting ambushed on Tattooine by "containment" officers. I know that I can buy the vaccine but I'm having fun with it.

Are we on an under populated server? I've been having a hell of time finding groups for heroics and flashpoints.
    Plague...yes, and if you don't get treated you will eventually explode. Funny but annoying if you are in a dungeon with no vaccine.

I've put my level 50 to rest and started a Smuggler alt. I have him up to level 23 and I'm really liking the class. I'm not sure if the server is underpopulated but the lower end planets have really filled up with everyone using the Legacy system to make new toons. It's weird to see my smuggler using Lightning Storm!

Maybe it's just the time period that I'm in game, (9:30p to midnight), I was leveling through Nar Shadda and Tattooine and a lot of times those planets have been just about empty.

Any idea if Rakghoul DNA samples are worth going after or is that just a level 50 thing with the daily quests and all that?

I haven't exploded yet. Got ambushed on my ship by containment officers last night. that was unexpected, I was working on crew skills and space missions when three guys just showed up and gunned me down.
    The DNA goes to a vendor "north of the crash site" on tatooine..whatever that means. I haven't been there since 1.2
    edited May 2012
    Who's still playing?

Anybody stop playing?

Who's unlocked their Legacy and what name did you come up with?

With what little time I've had to play I finally finished Act 1 and started the Skullkicker Legacy. If only I could make a lil' dwarf chiss with dual vibro-axes....
    edited May 2012
    It seems like we are the only two from our guild still playing.

After hitting level 50 with my Sith Sorcerer I went and made a Scoundrel which I have up to level 37.

The Legacy name that I made with my Sith was "Stardeath" and I'm using it with my Scoundrel as well. It's weird being able to call down force-lightning with a Scoundrel. That's one of the perks of hitting 50 -- your alternates can use some of your level 50's abilities. Although the best thing was having sprint right from the start..none of that slow jogging crap.

I have pretty much forsaken what was my main in favor of the bounty hunter in our guild. Its gotten lonely over there.
  • I still have my account I just have not logged in for a while because I got addicted to some other games. I will get back to it eventually. My Son's still play all the time and they are still loving it.
  • I don't know why I put an apostrophe in Sons LOL.
    Smuggler is amazing. Scoundrel is by far the best AC I've tried.
    So what are your bets on when SWToR is free to play?

BioWare/EA had layoffs, more players have dropped.

1.3 is promising, we finally get a group finder, but I dread how long the queue will be for dps toons. Time to get better at heals and tanking.

• RadiclusRadiclus Posts: 11
    My wife and I play ocassionally with her sister and her sister's husband. They live in far away from us so it's the only real way we get to "hang out". We are evil sith and we enjoy it quite abit. It's my wife's first MMO and she likes it well enough. Playing occasional Saturdays does make you have to reorient yourself in the game everytime and try and remember what you were doing and why; still fun though.
    Worked on my bounty hunter who is now L36 and my sorcerer which is now L38. I'm over level for the planets I'm on but the stories are keeping me interested in finishing them up before moving on.

This game needs more players. I can't find a group for heroic missions or flashpoints and queues for pvp are getting longer and longer even on Keller's Void which is one of the higher populated servers, and I'm in AIE to boot. Some social points would be nice, Mako needs some new boots. The only flashpoints I've seen are Black Talon, Athiss and Hammer Station, now that I have more time to play with the kids being out of school, there's hardly anybody else playing. It's just sad, its such a good game, patch 1.3 can't get here fast enough.
    Yeah, I'm playing quite a bit but since my Sorc is 50 I've been leveling up my Scoundrel 100% of the time. I realize that I've made mistakes with my sith and I'm trying to do things different this time around(crafting, pvp, etc).

As empty as you think the server is keep in mind that Dark Side always has more people. It's busy on the Republic Fleet when I see more than 10 people on board.
    As empty as you think the server is keep in mind that Dark Side always has more people. It's busy on the Republic Fleet when I see more than 10 people on board.
    I know, it could be worse. It gets frustrating though when you need a group and you can't find one. I've left behind all of the heroics from Dromund Kass to Alderaan. I'm finishing up Taris and will probably end up doing the same. Once I unlock the Chiss, I want to roll a Chiss jedi sentinel, hopefully the population improves by then.
    Character transfers are set to start June 12th. Server merges will follow sometime after that.

A few things to know regarding the server merges:

Keep in mind that this what I have read on some of the SWToR forums and heard on podcasts, after patch 1.3 opened on the public test server.

Guilds being moved through the server merges will need to be reformed by the guildmaster and there is no guarantee that all guild members will end up on the same server. Guild bank access and items will be restored after the guild is reformed.

If you have a character with an unlocked legacy moved to a server where you have another character with an unlocked legacy, the higher level legacy takes precedence.

I could not find anything on how these mergers will affect Legacy surnames. In other games I have played a toon moved to a server where a name already exists, either the older toon retains the name or the moved toon has to have its' name changed.
    edited June 2012
    Just about the entire population on our guild's server has transferred. Free transfers are available from Master Gnost-Dural to Drooga's Pleasure Barge. =))

I transferred both of my characters. If anybody else is going to tranfer and wants to keep the guild going, let me know.
    edited June 2012
    I've pretty much given up on the DS. So, I think this is me saying I'm out of the guild. I'm pretty much focusing on my Scoundrel and Trooper.

Greg, if you decide to ever create a light side toon let me know. I can get you into an active, helpful(not that ours wasn't at first) guild.

I couldn't believe there were almost 300 people on the Republic Fleet last night. Before the transfer I was waiting for almost an hour for level 50 war zones...now it happens in about 30 seconds. I love it.
    I was logged in after transferring my BH and Sentinel from our guild's server; I never saw less than 49 people planet side and never less than 275 on the fleet. PVP queues flew by and finding people for flashpoints and heroics took maybe two minutes at most.

I have some toons to transfer from Keller's Void to Jedi Covenant today where my main is. I may roll up a smuggler and hit you up on your offer, because AIE will not have the guild re-established until next week.

Well the guild is called Brotherhood of the Republic and my 50 is named Jik(easy to remember). If you see me on, or any of the members, ask for an invite.
    Free to play up to level 15 starts next month.
    Yeah, that is cool. I don't blame them and I think it will only help.

The story for each class is great. I can't imagine giving up at level 15 just as your main story gets going.
    I agree. And it is hard not to roll alts bacause each class has an enjoyable story.
    Supposedly patch 1.3 is hitting tomorrow. Hoping the group finder works spot on and is worth the wait.

My bounty hunter is now level 40 and my sentinel is level 20. Still taking my time digging on the stories.