Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Terror on the Planet of the Apes - cancelled

I just got an email saying Boom has cancelled this series of reprints of the 70s Marvel magazine. Rights/royalties problem? Shame, I heard it was a great run.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Damn, dirty humans.
  • Options
    DryBonesDryBones Posts: 26
    I'd bet there was a lack of interest. I ordered it but I can see how $4 a pop is asking alot for a reprint. Maybe they should do it as a trade or HC.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Rats. I was looking forward to seeing these stories again. As I remember, they were great.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I just got an email saying Boom has cancelled this series of reprints of the 70s Marvel magazine. Rights/royalties problem? Shame, I heard it was a great run.
    That sucks. I was lookign forward to reading these reprints. Over the last 5 years I have really gotten into all those 70s era b/w magazine sized comics. Stuff like Deadly hands of Kung Fu,Savage Sword of Conan,the Rook. Plus one I had never heard of but it is now my favorite 1984/1994 from Warren publishing. It was Warren's version of Heavy Metal,but so much sleazier. Best thing is unlike most of the other Warren magazines,1984/1994 and The rook can be found in decent shape for cheap prices.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Sales were abysmal. I think they should have just packaged up the run of the Marvel mags as three or four "Essential" type trades instead of selling it in 25 page chunks for $4 a pop.