Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1376 Talkback: Yet Another Clip Show

As we take some time off from recording due to the Memorial Day holiday and convention travel, we present another collection of unaired clips from the podcast. There's behind the scenes silliness, pre-interview chatter, discussion on the 'Highlander' movies, 'The Office' finale, and more. (1:12:38)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited May 2013
    Damn, when we are talking behind the scenes, I need to sit back from the mic.

And I found the clip:
    http://youtu.be/0aMhbiA9BFc

M
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Jamie if you think there's nothing on Thursday's on NBC then may I steer you towards Parks and Recreation
  • Options
    Thor_ElThor_El Posts: 136
    Pants, I could listen to your dulcet and melodious tones all afternoon. :D
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Shiznit, I think the world of you, but Highlander 2? Really? That's just crazy talk! What has that radiation been doing to you? :D

And if anyone who's interested in Highlander hasn't checked out the TV show, you really ought to because it fleshes out that universe in a big way that they'd never have been able to squeeze into the movies, especially as you move into the later seasons. And Adrian Paul is a better actor than Christopher Lambert (though he continues the franchise's obsession with casting French dudes as Scottish dudes).
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Shiznit, I think the world of you, but Highlander 2? Really? That's just crazy talk! What has that radiation been doing to you? :D

And if anyone who's interested in Highlander hasn't checked out the TV show, you really ought to because it fleshes out that universe in a big way that they'd never have been able to squeeze into the movies, especially as you move into the later seasons. And Adrian Paul is a better actor than Christopher Lambert (though he continues the franchise's obsession with casting French dudes as Scottish dudes).

I actually didn't care too much for Ducan. The only movie I haven't seen is The Source, because I'm not a Duncan fan.

M
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

And Adrian Paul is a better actor than Christopher Lambert (though he continues the franchise's obsession with casting French dudes as Scottish dudes).

Adrian Paul, born in London, is half british, half Italian and speaks 5 languages. And was a perfect Highlander back in the day. Loved it. The series doesn't age well though.

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Although I enjoyed the Highlander tv series, i didn't care for that movie with Paul and Lambert.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I'd watch the Highlander TV show's opening to hear the theme song...then turn the channel.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210

I do actually like that movie but I just say that to mess with the Highlander fans, I think the movie series other then 2 is just ok, I dont really get the devotion for the movies but I realize that people dont get my devotion for Babylon 5. To each their own
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    JamieD said:

I do actually like that movie but I just say that to mess with the Highlander fans, I think the movie series other then 2 is just ok, I dont really get the devotion for the movies but I realize that people dont get my devotion for Babylon 5. To each their own
    I understand devotion to Babylon 5. I just don't get the whole Highlander thing.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Mr_Cosmic said:

I'd watch the Highlander TV show's opening to hear the theme song...then turn the channel.

Just go purchase Queen's "A Kind of Magic" and you can hear it anytime you want.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Was there any Drunk Cap? I want some Drunk Cap.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803

Adrian Paul, born in London, is half british, half Italian and speaks 5 languages. And was a perfect Highlander back in the day. Loved it. The series doesn't age well though.

I didn't know that about Adrian Paul! I always thought he did the "non-specific accent because he's lived everywhere" thing better than Lambert, and now I know why!

And yeah, I tried watching it on Netflix a little while back and couldn't get into it. It definitely shows its age AND its budget, particularly in the early going. It was fun to be reminded of a joke a friend and I used to have about the show, though: "There can be only one! And Richie! And Connor! And..."
    JamieD said:

Yeah, that friend I mentioned above was fanatical in his devotion. Bought the VHS box sets, played the card game enough he got involved as a playtester with the company that put it out, bought at least one of the swords (though probably more), etc. Around the time he started wearing the long coat everywhere, we all kinda stopped hanging out with him.

First movie is still pretty decent, though. Dudes running around pre-Giuliani NYC, fighting with swords, listening to Queen... it's not art, but it's fun if I'm in the mood for it.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    DAR said:

Jamie if you think there's nothing on Thursday's on NBC then may I steer you towards Parks and Recreation

I love that show! Ron 'F@"£&#G' Swanson, genius character.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    DAR said:

I have watched it and laughed, I just didnt keep up with it.

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Thanks for this clip show! There was some funny stuff on it! I especially liked: how long it took Tiz to get ready, the run-up to the panel with the "Aw, yeah" guys, Jamie's spooky story, the discussion about SHIELD's scheduling, and the Lion Sleeps Tonight! Plus, Pants getting so into the fact that some early TV shows were not saved!