Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Zenith by Grant Morrison and Steve Yeowell to be reprinted

This is big news over here in the 2000AD community. Rebellion who own 2000AD have made the bold announcement that they are going to publish a complete hardcover collection of Morrison and Yeowell's long out of print Zenith. It's rather steeply priced at £100, and there are rumours that not all of the rights issues have been completely sorted, but it's an interesting take on Super-heroes from early in Morrison's career.

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/29-05-2013/zenith_to_be_reprinted/

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    It’s great stuff and deserves a larger audience. I was picking it up when Fleetway was reprinting it back in the early ’90s, but I think they only got as far as the first two series. I'd love to read the rest at some point, but that price is way too steep.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    Limited to 1000 copies at £100 each. That sounds to me like a way to fund the lawyer's fees in a possible court case to follow. Then, if they win the case they can go ahead with the standard reprint collection.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I'd heard they had a bunch of the books printed already and waiting in a warehouse, as they did a printing before discovering they didn't have the rights to do it. Not the whole thing, but the first is a series of trades...anyone know the details?

I'll be happy to read the damn thing, finally. I missed it when it was reprinted back in the late 80's.