Welcome back, to those returning, and welcome aboard to those joining in for the first time. Whether you've been around forever, or are just getting started, here is a chance to say hello to the community and tell us some things about yourself.
For some added enigma, and a challenge-- after a general introduction, play Two Truths and a Lie: Make three amazing and perhaps unbelievable statements about yourself. Two are real and one is made up. Others can try to guess if they want, and it is up to you whether or not you ever reveal which was the lie. (This is optional, of course, if you want to keep it simple and just introduce yourself, that is great, too.)
- My middle name is Sly and I'm a lifelong fan of Stallone
- I once shared a cigarette with the bassist of the Jeff Healy Band
- In '85 I graduated from Fort Meade High School
- I write and occasionally draw comics. Thugs, Dedlock and the forthcoming Travis, the Undying!
- I am not a huge pervert.
- A comic anthology I worked on is up for consideration for nomination for an Eisner this year, and I'll be really insufferable if it gets nominated. God help you all if it wins.
-I drink excessively
-I was sent here by my parents aboard a rocket in time to escape the destruction of my homeworld. You're yellow sun makes me horny.
-I work for a very big publishing company in New York
-I am the Green Lantern of sector 2814
-I love being a father.
- I like good books and bad movies.
- I celebrate William Shatner's birthday every year, personalized cake and everything.
- I am a master of self-control.
- I've been listening off and on for years but started listening regularly after the 2011 Supershow
- I fancy myself to be a qualified and talented creative writer (one of the only things I'll brag about)
- I've lost 30lbs and counting since Christmas and am looking forward to another 30lbs lost to reach my goal ideal body weight of 200lbs. My mothers Christmas present to me was to take me shopping for a new suit (head to toe, shoes and all) and it already doesn't fit anymore. I say this only to say that I'm more confident in my life than I ever have been and life isn't looking quite so dim anymore. So I'm in a state of world perception flux right now.
- Also I've grown to consider this forum a part of my family and while I'm sad to see the old one go, I'm happy we have yet another place for our family disfunction.
WELCOME BACK EVERYONE! -Chad
- I've been snowboarding for 10 years
- I've only had two serious girlfriends
- I was a virgin until I was 21
I've lived in four different states
I've been on a game show on Nickelodeon.
Two truths and a lie:
1. I'm a college professor in real life. Yes, I am in charge of your children's education.
2. I went to high school in the Philippines.
3. I have worn only one brand of shoes for the last ten years, regardless of them being loafers, boots, sandals, sneakers, or anything else.
Okay, those are all truths. I don't lie terribly well. Please forgive me :)
-I am the second cousin to Derek Jeter's aunt
-I was the first successful "Call Me" participant on Comic Geek Speak, after Mario Muscar wasn't home and they left a message on his machine.
-I have lived in Brooklyn my entire life and have been reading comics regularly since I was 13.
I am the Co-Owner of 01 Publishing, co-creator of Titanium Rain and Utopiates.
I hope to someday become a proffesional baloon pilot.
Two truths and a lie:
1) My daughter went to her first comic convention at 4 weeks of age, and her second at 8 months
2) I have a meticulously catalogued comic collection, and with a quick check on my iPhone, I can tell you exactly where any book can be found.
3) I have played guitar with a former Beatles sideman.
Tom Baker calls me Doctor
I had a football trial for Leeds United
I climbed Kilmanjaro
Oh wait, was one of them supposed to be about comics?
I'm Sean. I run Only The Valiant, where we only talk about Valiant Comics. And other comics. And other stuff too.
There's a lie in here somewhere:
* I dated a Hawaiian Tropics model
* I have every issue of The Savage Dragon
*I was offered a job in a circus band in college
*I've made several guest appearances on DC Noise
*I own every GI Joe comic published to date
@jt3fan, I just finished my collection of almost every GI Joe comic ever (I cheated with a ton of trades) but I find out about new and obscure ones all the time so I'mm calling you on that one!
- I've lived on a by the time I was 6, I'd lived in Illinois, California, Idaho, Colorado and Virginia, including on a Marine base and a Reservation.
- I was once rear ended by a school bus while driving a '67 Camaro (ending my Air Force Academy aspirations).
- I have complete runs of ROM, Shogun Warriors and Micronauts.
- SuperShow is the biggest con I have ever been to
- My dream is to run for Congress some day
- I have only ever bought comics from Marvel
1. I was in a band when I was younger and we made an album
2. My first comic was Amazing Spider-Man #300
3. I've been a comic collector since I was four