Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The Joker's April Fool's Day Sale on Comixology

OK... Comixology is tempting me with another 99¢ sale.

http://www.comixology.com/Jokers-April-Fools-Sale/comics-collection/303

I'm looking at the Gotham Central run, and maybe a few others. And even though I already own DKR in two formats (original issues, and the Complete Frank Miller Batman leather edition), I might pick those up, too.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    This is awesome!
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200

I'm looking at the Gotham Central run, and maybe a few others. And even though I already own DKR in two formats (original issues, and the Complete Frank Miller Batman leather edition), I might pick those up, too.
    That Complete Frank Miller Batman Leather edition is such a lovely looking book. Still one of my favorite trades in my collection.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

All of Gotham Central was fantastic. Including that Joker story.
  • Options
    kgforcekgforce Posts: 326
    I just noticed that DC Comics are no longer available on the Kindle Fire App... they aren't even listed as a publisher! I can still buy them online and synch them to the Kindle app, but that's just crazy!
  • Options
    I just noticed that DC Comics are no longer available on the Kindle Fire App... they aren't even listed as a publisher! I can still buy them online and synch them to the Kindle app, but that's just crazy!
    Wow, I didn't even notice that, but I just checked mine, and they're not listed on it either. Maybe they're trying to fix that major syncing problem they were having with DC for a few months. Hopefully that gets resolved soon.
  • Options
    CoinOperatedChrisCoinOperatedChris Posts: 25
    edited April 2012

That Gotham Central run is great, and it has one of my favorite comic book moments in it (I won't ruin it for you though).

I have most of the comics that are in the sale, but I haven't read some of them in years, so I may download a few. The Legend of the Dark Knight story "Going Sane" is definitely worth your time. It's a real gem and one of my favorite Joker stories.

• Options
    I've had the no DC on the fire problem for about a week now (and it's just for purchasing them, if I purchase on desktop I can still DL them and read them). Started at the same time it told me there was some error, and had me report it. I haven't reported it since even though I sometimes still get that error.
  • Options
    i just picked up the 4 issues of miller's dark knight returns for just under $4! better than the just under $8 that the kindle book store is selling the combined trade for.
  • Options
    I got the Gotham Central issues.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    dont know if the sale is still going but if its is, and you havent read them go buy the Gotham Central run...
  • Options
    I'm torn b/c I want to get the Red Hood Story on my iPad, but also Batman and Robin here as well... Also secret invasion for $8 today? CRAP. There are things to love about these sales, but also things to hate! Lol.
  • Options
    I've had the no DC on the fire problem for about a week now (and it's just for purchasing them, if I purchase on desktop I can still DL them and read them). Started at the same time it told me there was some error, and had me report it. I haven't reported it since even though I sometimes still get that error.
    I sent in to Comixology this message:

"DC does not appear in the list of publishers."

and got this back:

"Currently, DC Comics are no longer available for purchase on our Fire app.

You can continue to access the DC Comics that are in your comiXology library. Plus, comiXology on the Fire syncs from the web so you can read comics purchased through the web at www.comixology.com."
  • Options
    Yeah, you can buy it on the web and then sync through there probably.
  • Options
    I wonder if it is because of the 'exclusive' DC graphic novels in the Kindle Store.