Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1383 Talkback: The 2013 Heroes Con Tapes

Pants traveled down to Charlotte, NC for Heroes Con this past weekend and did several interviews. Listen to talks with Vivek Tiwary writer of the upcoming Dark Horse book 'The Fifth Beatle', Buzz, Eric Nolen-Weathington from TwoMorrows Publishing, Jeremy Whitley from Action Lab Entertainment and more. (1:30:23)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I'll listen to that Weathington guy.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

I'll listen to that Weathington guy.

And so would I, if I could get there. His posts here have always been interesting and informational.

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Thanks John and Chuck. You're too kind. :\">

I'm sorry Murd wasn't able to make it down, but it’s always good to see Brian again. And I'm going to have to check out that Fifth Beatle book. Robinson’s an excellent artist and I’m a big fan of The Beatles. And Epstein was definitely an interesting person.
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    That was a great episode. It was good hearing Buzz's voice since I follow him on Facebook. I heard about the Beatle book at C2E2 so it was nice to get more detail. Pants does such a great job.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Well, so far, I've liked the interviews with the guy who used to have the Golden Age Podcast. And the Fifth Beatle book sounds good. I have a friend who is strongly into the Beatles, so he might like it. Wow...BUZZ! Nice to hear his special brand of humor. Oh, and Tom King: interesting high-energy guy! Oops! Gotta go eat dinner now....
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    It was good to hear from Bill Jourdain. I liked his Golden Age of Comics podcast. It was one of the first podcasts that I ever assented to and I enjoyed it. I was sorry to see it go.

The Fifth Beetle book sounds interesting and I'll be looking for it.
  • Options
    I'll definitely have to look into The Fifth Beatle book. It sounds quite intriguing, focusing on Brian Epstein instead of specifically the Beatles themselves.

I kept seeing Pants walk in and out of the bathroom at the show, but I didn't say hi. I was too in awe of being behind the table instead of walking the convention floor this time. It's such a unique experience behind that table and I hope I learned a few things on what and what not to do when presenting at a convention.