Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avenging Spider-Man #5

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
Just venting.

Just read this. Right off the bat Pete is in costume, mask off with Cap, Spider-Woman, Hawkeye and Wolverine. I had to stop reading, put the book down and I couldn't help thinking about the whole Spidey/Peter Parker identity thing. I knew that Wolverine knew, I'm not completely sure about the other three knowing. I would imagine Cap knew.

Wasn't the spell from OMiT supposed to make people forget or was it just the people that saw Peter reveal himself?

At the start of Big Time, Wolverine calls Spidey by his name and Bucky Cap tells him to shut it, not every member of team knew, and that Spidey didn't want people knowing.

Was just wondering how bad my Spidey lore has gotten or if this is another crap editing job like with the FF costume.

It just seemed wrong to me.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    In the New Avengers, during Dark Reign, Hawkeye declared that Spider-Man would be out unless he revealed who he was, as he was the only hero who still kept their identity a secret.

Peter pretty much angsted for a panel, shrugged his shoulders, and unmasked.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    I gotta say I really did not care for this issue... it felt like a filler issue.
    Just venting.

Was just wondering how bad my Spidey lore has gotten or if this is another crap editing job like with the FF costume.

It just seemed wrong to me.
    It is a bad editing job but not for Peter walking around unmasked.

The whole bit of Steve creating a comic book character when he was a kid and then acting like he had never revisited that side of himself since WWII was wrong. I guess nobody told Zeb Wells about the time Steve was the artist on The Captain America comic in the 616 universe.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I didn't particularly enjoy the story. And yeah this was definitely a filler story. But I LOVED Lenil Yu's artwork. I really liked his stuff on Superior too but I really enjoyed the art in this one.

The first thing I did after reading it was to call my Avengers expert and check on whether or not Spidey had taken off the mask. He has dropped in my expert rankings cause he wasn't sure about that at all. But he did remember the wolverine part
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944

I guess nobody told Zeb Wells about the time Steve was the artist on The Captain America comic in the 616 universe.
    Glad I wasn't the only one that was bothered by this.