Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Some Ado About Much Ado

WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
Not at all comic-book-y, but chock-full of familiar faces, including Clark (His Name Is Agent!) Gregg, Joss Whedon's Much Ado About Nothing is a delight!

Watching it purged all the post-Man of Steel cynicism and bile still in my system.

Comments

• Options
    RedRight88RedRight88 Posts: 2,207
    Good...because we're all out of coffee.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Waiting for it to come closer to home. Looking forward to it
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    I can't wait to see it.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    This didn't come to a theatre near my home but I was finally able to pick it up on DVD (Target $14). It was okay. Not played for laughs to the same degree as the Branagh version. And although I like Amy Acker I didn't care for her as Beatrice. She is described in the play as speaking, "all mirth and no matter"... Mirthful or even witty are not adjectives I would use I describe this performance. I understand why Beatrice is well on her way to old maid hood in this film.

Alexis Denisof just looks so much like Barry Bostwick's love child I find it distracting. That has nothing to do with the movie it is just a problem I have. I want him to stick out his hand and say,"Hi, I'm Brad Majors!".

Reed Diamond was brilliant as the prince, a very understated performance and Clark Gregg was quite good as Leonato. I was happy with Fran Zranz, surprisingly.

There was a documentary special feature on the disc and everyone involved looked like they were having a ball. I wish some of that joy would have translated to the screen. For a comedy this was a bit of a downer, right through to the "happy ending" where all is resolved.

All told, I give it a c+, 6.5 out of 10.