Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

A Call to Arms...Join Jamie D's Revolution!

124»

Comments

• Options
    I've been having a lot of the same feelings that Jamie D expressed latley. I wanted to share a short story about a recent comics experience I've had. I've been a fan of Robert Kirkman's Invincible for a long time but for one reason or another I fell behind on it. I recently caught up on the last 12 issues or so and was blown away. Reading it made me realize how mediocre a lot of the superhero books I've been reading from the Big 2 have been. As an adult comic reader, Invincible has everything I'm looking for in a superhero comic; over-the-top action, fully formed characters in real relationships, and real stakes and consequnces. After finishing up my reading last night I actually droped a few books from my DCBS order because I don't need them anymore. Invincible gave me more joy over the last two day than all of them combined in the last few months.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    I dropped Amazing Spider-Man like a hot potato w/ the Octo/Peter switch, I read spidey in tpbs. Everyone under the sun can tell me Superior is "Hmm, MMM, Good" but I will outlast Slott on Superior/Amazing. If I need my Peter Parker/MJ comic fix I just buy collections from the 70s & 80s for my fix. Big Time & the death of a secondary Spidey character (not named Gwen Stacy) was my off ramp for Slott & look forward to his successor taking over the series be it Amazing Spider-Man #1 vol. 3 or whatever.

Matthew