Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1392 Talkback - Catching Up with Uncle Sal

Time once again for Uncle Sal! We talk Chicago sports, the San Diego Comic-Con, his family, and even a little about comics. This episode introduces the instant classic story 'The Recital'. (2:

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I remember when you made an agreement with Sal to do the next podcast with him in June. Alright, you guys made it just under the wire (June 30th)! I'm looking forward to listening...(comments later!)
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Excerpts that I liked: (Spoilers?!?) Wow, Sal works with a lot of Gold Medal jag-offs... :)) That segment about booths at Comic Con was really interesting. That's great information. Peter dressed as Cher! Haha!
    ----....oh, sorry to hear about Sal and Simone....I can only hope they reconcile...----
    Oh, my! "That's like me saying to Jamie, let's go blow..." LOL! ....Sal's daughter is like the Rhino, Kalibak, and Hellboy? Wow.... anyway, that was a hilarious episode! Looking forward to the NEXT one!
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    A great EXTRA super-sized Uncle Sal episode that delivers on all levels. Comics, jagoffs, SDCC teamsters w/ no lube, a daughter who is hard to control in public places & of course his ma. All around another quality episode that makes Monday almost tolerable. Thanks to Uncle Sal & the Geeks.

Matthew
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    lukecage5 said:

Had a blast night guys, Thank you again.

Much Dago Love
    Sal Abbinanti

SAL IN THE HIZZY......
  • Options
    jkuzeejkuzee Posts: 6
    Hello, guys. As always, loved the visit from Uncle Sal, but y'know, you really should put a disclaimer on these episodes: DO NOT LISTEN AT WORK!! Even if I have ear buds in and no one else can hear, my fellow co-workers are still curious, annoyed, and distracted at the guffaws, snorts, and other weird noises I make as I try to suppress my laughter for almost three solid hours. One of these days my head is going to explode.

Loved the show.

jkuzee
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    edited July 2013
    That heat wave Sal mentioned was in 2006, the first year I went to SD. Everyone kept saying - it's beautiful, the weather is awesome, you'll be cool at night, etc etc etc. And then I go and air conditioners everywhere were breaking because they couldn't handle the heat. I was not please. Haha. I also went to Coronado that year with Charlito and a few other people. I went back to San Diego in 2008 and fortunately the weather was much much better that year.

And yes - Chuck E Cheese is for jag-offs. :P

Great episode as always.
  • Options
    batjokebatjoke Posts: 1
    One of the best shows ever from Sal and I can't wait to see him at Fan Expo!!!!!
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Thanks guys, I finally returned to work, raised the blinds, & had a healing wound from the Cup Finals, just to have salt dumped on it. I'm surprise there was no Hernandez/Pats comments.

Good to hear from Uncle Sal, though. I'm sorry I couldn't make it.

M
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Always look forward to hearing Sal on the show. Great episode, ready for the next one.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    what is uncle sal's facebook page?
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Dude is funny as hell.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Was listening to it with a severe case of bruised ribs - not one of my better decisions.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Just to inform Sal,I am a White Sox fan and I have all my teeth.
  • Options
    As always, I LOVE the Uncle Sal episodes!! However Sal, you were really showing your tourist creds when you talked about San Diego! Old Town Mexican Café is the best Mexican food you ever ate?? It is only barely a step above El Torito or any of the other Mexican food chains compared to the multitude of Mexican restaurants in San Diego! Being that close to the border, we (San Diegans) are blessed with some amazing Mexican food - & we never eat in Old Town. I agree, Coronado is awesome! I lived there for awhile myself. The hotel you referred to from "Some Like it Hot" is the Hotel del Coronado - not whatever you said. It is a great place to go & watch the sunset while having drinks on the beach! While you mentioned that it is the place where the ships come to pull into port, you didn't mention that it is also the training base for the Navy Seals. There is a big Navy base on the island so for the female SDCC attendees, it is definitely a place to hang out! LOL I tell you what, Sal. When you come down to SDCC, I will use your bathroom & then show you around some of the best places - including Mexican food - in San Diego!
  • Options
    lukecage5lukecage5 Posts: 2
    They have great food.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    Thank God for The Uncle Sal episode.

Here in the Bay Area the local public transportation system B.A.R.T. decided to go on strike this week combined with triple digits temperatures makes for some awful commutes. So far the highlight of this week was I was able to laugh for all of my commute time today..... Thank you Sal and all the geeks for a great episode.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    edited July 2013
    LOL...what would we do without Uncle Sal?

Having a six year old with another on the way I can totally relate to the stories about the kids. Pure gold. My wife loves to hear this eps too...
  • Options
    Fantastic episode! Yet again, there were two or three moments where I couldn't breathe for laughing so hard. To me, Uncle Sal is like Bill Cosby, but with a fouler mouth and an extreme hatred for jag-offs. His talks about SDCC and other conventions is always interesting as well. Really enjoyed the episode and hope we won't have to wait too long for the next one.