Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1394 Talkback: Off the Racks - Astro City #1, Dardevil: Dark Knights #1, Six-Gun Gorilla #1

PantsPants Posts: 567
edited July 2013 in CGS Episodes & Spin-Offs
Time for another round of Off the Rack reviews. In this episode we discuss Astro City #1 from Vertigo, Daredevil: Dark Nights #1 from Marvel, and Six-Gun Gorilla #1 from BOOM! (1:20:14)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited July 2013
    Daredevil: Dark Nights(buy! buy! buy!) was great. I was very impressed with the writing. The art, of course, was gorgeous.

Six-Gun Gorilla was fun and I'm very interested in where this story is going.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Okay, my views:
    Six-Gun Gorilla: BORROW! I got confused with all the mix genre stuff and wanted to see the Gorilla a lot sooner!
    Daredevil: Dark Nights #1: BORROW! Yeah, it was a nice-looking book, but I found that I didn't much care about the story. And I prefer a more linear story, not all that jumping around (get off of my lawn!).
    Astro City #1: Well, if I wasn't an Astro City fan, it would be a borrow, but since I am, it's a BUY because I will CERTAINLY buy it. I found this issue to be a little off-putting but it was decent. Maybe I was off-put by the Chibi...haha. Too much chibi can't be good. I get enough of chibi here in Japan. Maybe I'm just thinking like Murd: it wasn't what I wanted to see for a first issue (even though I'm not a new reader of Astro City).