Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1400 Talkback: Pants' 2013 San Diego Comic-Con Recap

Pants went out to San Diego once again for the great spectacle that is Comic-Con. In this episode he and his roommate John Burk discuss their con experience which included Pants going to his first Comic-Con Party. Sprinkled in amongst their recaps are interviews with Bill Sienkiewicz, Gary Frank, Art & Franco, and Uncle Sal. (1:05:35)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    I'm really glad that Uncle Sal Simone made up. So hyped for Batman Earth One because Frank's art is so captivating. I really wish Art & Franco so much success w/ the Hellboy book & Aw Yeah! comics. Looking forward to the SDCC wrapup in the studio.

Matthew

PS
    Adding Amazing X-Men to my DCBS want list in November.
  • Options
    Wow, that was fast!
  • Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    More Bill Sienkiewicz. There's wicked info in that man waiting to spill. The Demon Bear Saga opened up my 12 year old brain at the time. Great to hear his quick thoughts on it.

How much of a donation did John drop to get the Superman party invite? Look at Pants bein all rock star fabulous. :p
  • Options
    greyman24greyman24 Posts: 50
    Great wrap-up, Pants!

Am I the only one who read the coverage of the DC co-publisher panel and though, "Uh...3D, special edition covers? Fold outs? MORE crossovers? Why has DC decided to bring back the 90's?"

Is this a Bob Harras thing?
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    greyman24 said:

Great wrap-up, Pants!

Am I the only one who read the coverage of the DC co-publisher panel and though, "Uh...3D, special edition covers? Fold outs? MORE crossovers? Why has DC decided to bring back the 90's?"

We've actually been speculating that here for the past several months.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    greyman24 said:

YES YES YES YES YES YES.......did I mention YES
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    SDCC is on my bucket list. After hearing these sorts of episodes over the last few years I'm really itching to get across the pond one year to attend. Sounds like a glorious life experience.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    mguy1977 said:

I'm really glad that Uncle Sal Simone made up. ... I really wish Art & Franco so much success w/ the Hellboy book & Aw Yeah! comics...Matthew

Yes, I second that. It was good to hear Sal and Simone made up. Art and Franco are so funny! I'll be waiting for that SHORT PANTS segment! Haha!
  • Options
    Good stuff, Pants. I'll second Peters sentiments on Bill Sienkiewicz. I'd love to hear a full-length interview episode with that guy. I was also hoping for a Sal appearance and you didn't let me down. Alright.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    1400 plus. And I've been listening since around episode 25 or so. DAMN.