Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Emerald City Comicon Meet up plans?

Hey guys, I'm absolutely thrilled to be heading to Emerald City next week. It'll be my first time attending this show. I am looking forward to stopping by the CGS table (I'm even happy to sit there for awhile to let Pants get out and about). I've got my ticket for Kracklefest and am looking forward to that too. Other than that, I'm completely winging it. Are there plans for a meetup for meals or hanging out?

Also, is anyone interested in a comic/trade Trade-a-Thon? I've got some good books that I'd love to swap if people are interested.

Comments

• Options
    I'm certainly up for it. I'll be there all three days and have no real plans outside the con and a trip to the Lego store in Bellevue.
  • Options
    Sure I'd love to meet up or something. Just need to know where and when. Trading sounds cool, though I sold a lot of stuff in the past month or so, so I might not have too much left that I'd want to part with, but I do have a few things. As far as meals and meetup go, I'm up for anything. I am going to the show with my parents and my sister and I have to think about what they want to do as well. Are the three of us and Pants the only ones going? I assume not being from the area it is hard to know where to find good stuff in the area. The restaurants close by are the Elephant and Castle, a British pub, Blue C which is a sushi place, and there is Pacific Place and Westlake Center which are nearby malls. Pacific Place has a kind of expensive brewery restaurant, and a Mexican place that's nice and cheaper, and also one of the bigger places. Westlake Center has a big food court and a PF Chang's. There's also Pike Place Market which has a lot of great restaurants but they are all a bit small. And there's a Dick's Drive-In on Capitol Hill, which is a little ways out, and a drive in, but if you like good burgers, you should go there anyway even if we don't go as a group.
  • Options
    I'll be at the show. I'll mostly be at booth C-07 with Joe Eisma.

I don't have much to trade but if anyone has any of those little DC Imaginext or Marvel Super Hero Squad figures they don't want, let me know! My little dude and I will be out hunting for those all convention.
  • Options
    peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    The wife and I were thinking about doing the trip, but I'd need to renew my passport. Next year!
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I'll be there all three days. On Friday I'll be own my own, but I'll try to go see KK, on Saturday I'll be with friends, and on Sunday I'll be on my own.
  • Options
    7h0m457h0m45 Posts: 49
    I'll be there as well...mostly scrambling around trying to get sketches!
  • Options
    Neutron11Neutron11 Posts: 35
    Friday night, pre- Kracklefest, dinner anyone? I understand that there is a Live Art Jam happening at some point. Saturday night there's the Charity Art Auction - Benefiting Seattle Children's Hospital in Room: 2AB from 8:00 - 11:00.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me. Anywhere in particular? It wasn't mentioned, but Spaghetti Factory is also nearby, if you like good, simple spaghetti.
  • Options
    I'm pretty much up for anything. I'd love to have a West Coast Feast of the Pants...chime in here Pants! Spaghetti is good with me!
  • Options
    DavidAkersDavidAkers Posts: 44
    edited March 2012
    If anyone needs a ride, I'm staying about a block from the Convention center, and I can take an extra couple of people, three if they are really friendly. :)
  • Options
    I really want to get to the Live Art Show on Saturday night but not sure yet if I'll be able to make it.
  • Options
    Just checked the weather...looks like rain, rain, more rain and some showers. Guess I'm bringing an umbrella.
  • Options
    I posted something on Pants's wall on Facebook to point him in this direction, but no response yet.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    I'm here. :)

I have another dinner scheduled for the weekend, but we haven't picked a day yet. If Friday night is open for me I'm all up for going to the Spaghetti Factory.
  • Options
    That sounds just fine. What time do we want to do it? I really want to catch the WW panel from 5-6, so does 7 sound good? Earlier or later? What works for people?
  • Options
    Doors open for Kracklefest at 8:00. Knowing Pants, (assuming he's going) will want to be there when the doors open (I'm in the same boat). I'd be happy to meet up whenever but will need to head over to Hard Rock fairly close to 7:45.
  • Options
    6:15 then? Would that be amenable to all? Do we need a reservation, and if so, how many people are we looking at? I count seven on the thread, will anyone have guests? I will be at the show with my parents and one of my sisters, and I think they would like to come at least for dinner. Does anyone else have spouses or children they would like to bring? Also, on an unrelated note, is there anyone who lives or is staying near Bellevue that could give me a ride home from the concert? If not, no big deal, but it would be awfully handy nonetheless.
  • Options
    Keep in mind the convention is open Friday until 8pm and I need to be at the CGS booth until then.
  • Options
    D'oh! We can't feast without Pants! Are you going to the KK concert?
  • Options
  • Options
    Well, if I'm the odd man out and need to cut out early, so be it. I'd be happy to try to catch up with people later for drinks or whatever. Or if anyone else is heading over for the concert, we can do a separate meetup and catch a quick bite wherever.
  • Options
    Well, I'm going to the concert as well, I don't know about anyone else, but if doors are at 8:00 and Brian can't leave until 8:00, then that doesn't leave much time for eating. Is another day better? Do we want to meet for lunch or breakfast? Or do we wait for Brian and go to the show late? Thoughts?
  • Options
    I'm completely open on Saturday night if that works better for a whole group meet up. Unfortunately, I don't have a smart phone so I can't check the forums for last minute details. Perhaps we can leave messages at the CGS table about what is happening.
    My cell # is 707-318-0429 if people want to text last minute changes.

Modern, perhaps we can meet up for dinner on Friday since we have to get to the concert?
  • Options
    I'm Rob, by the way.
  • Options
    And I'm Jay Ferguson. My phone is 206-384-9263. I'd still be up for dinner before the concert. If anyone else is interested in coming Friday also, the more the merrier. Where would you want to go? It might not be a bad idea to go to Pike Place Market actually, since that's about five minutes from the Hard Rock and there's a restaurant/bar there called Lowell's which has excellent seafood, sandwiches and burgers and a beautiful view of Elliot Bay. Or there's Dick's like I said earlier, and there's a little French place on Capitol Hill called Cafe Presse, which has the most amazing croque madame, and delicious fries they fry in duck fat. What sounds good to you? I'm the local so I can go to these places whenever, so I don't care because wherever it is I'll probably enjoy it.
  • Options
    Either of those places sound great! I'm glad someone knows where to go since I'm from out of town. We can still do 6:00-ish if that seems like a good time for you. I've never been to this con before so if there's a specific place you'd suggest we meet up, I'm open. We can meet at the CGS table if all else fails. Thanks for helping to nail down the specifics.
  • Options
    Ok. I think Cafe Presse sounds best at this moment. I do not know yet if my family would like to tag along for dinner. Will you have a car with you? I figure either the CGS table or the main entrance to the con would be easiest I suppose to meet at. I will be wearing a Squirrel Girl t-shirt.
  • Options
    So, is everyone on board for going to the Spaghetti factory on Saturday after the show then?
  • Options
  • Options
    Hope everyone had fun at the dinner, not sure how many of you guys actually got together but I was disappointed I wasn't able to attend. I stopped by and saw Pants a few times, it was nice to actually meet someone from a show I've been listening to for the last 6 years!