Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DCBService...

I love these guys. And I know they are a sponsor of CGS. And I love them for both their own retail service, their strong online presence/site, their customer service, their dedication to the Comic community and pretty much every thing about them...

One question though to the crowd... have people been getting their monthly shipments later and later over the last year?

I'm not criticizing. Really. I'm just wondering if its a blip on the radar, or if their business has gotten so crazy (monthly online shipments) that their deliveries are slipping by a few days... My monthly ship used to Ship on Wednesday (yes I know they moved to the 1st Wednesday of the month so they could be sure to include the new Previews mags) and it would arrive Friday, sometimes Saturday.

Of late its been shipping on Thursday/Friday, showing up early the following week.

This month it shipped Monday (following the last Wednesday) and wont be showing up until this Wednesday....
Now I did change my shipping address (moved since last month), but I dont know that this would affect when the package shipped...

If its an anomaly, then I'm not worried. But i thought I'd check and see if anyone else has seen this as a trend...

I'll end the way I started: I love DCB Service. They are how I can still afford and get comics on a month to month basis. They are great responding to emails and have top notch customer service, prices, and websites... and thats not even talking about their other sites...

Comments

• Options
    All I could say is e-mail DCBS
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    All I could say is e-mail DCBS
    Did that (when my shipment had been issued a UPS tracking number back on Wednesday, but still hadnt "arrived at the facility" as of Friday), still waiting to hear back...
  • Options
    there used to be a thread on the last forums called, "That Time of the Month" cuz some of us (depending on where we lived) never got the shipment on the same day and we had fun guessing when it did.

Lets just say Jacksonville, FL was a black hole for some... :D
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited April 2012
    I am willing to bet the issue is more with UPS than it is with DCBS. Many companies like UPS, Fed Ex and even the USPS are downsizing by closing sorting facilities and such.

Three times I've seen my order go out of state when there are sorting facilities in state. I don't get it, I'm in LaPorte, Indiana barely two hours away from Fort Wayne, i don't know why UPS is doing what they're doing when we have a sorting/distribution facility 14 away miles in Westville.

First time it went from Indiana, to Michigan and back to Indiana. Twice it went from Indiana to Illinois then back to Indiana.

I never see anything show up on my tracking number until after its been delivered.

It's UPS.
  • Options

It's UPS.
    It wouldnt surprise me... I'll be interested to see what the final trip looks like for my order!

I was only a bit concerned due to the gap between the label being created (the first notice everyone gets when an order is being readied for shipment) and the first time it was scanned at a UPS facility. I could certainly imagine that it was sitting in a "to be processed" pile at UPS that was backlogged due to the (as you described) manpower shortfalls these places are experiencing.

If it arrives by Sled Dog in a week (and Im in ATL, GA :)) ) I'll still be a happy man with DCBS...
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    I used to get my books on Friday, but now I get it on Monday instead. I also assumed it was UPS being stupid.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    As a rule I get my email saying it's ready and shipping around Wed. or Thursday and it'll show up out here (AZ) by Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. I never worry as long as I know it's coming.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    It might just be a blip I've had a few shipments take until the next Wednesday and some get there as early as that Friday, I got last months yesterday so it's all around for me, but never been more than a week after I get my e-mail I don't think
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I just figured that UPS is scheduled to come by once a week and pick up packages. Once the label is create it's up to UPS to schedule the pick up time.

When I first started getting my stuff from DCBS I usually got my shipments on the Monday after the label was created (I'm in Denver btw). For at least the last six months my shipments have been arriving two days or so later. This most recent shipment will arrive on Thursday.

I too love the business and regardless of how wonky the shipping can/will be, I'll be giving them my money for a long time.

I'm curious as to this happening for particular shipping orders? I mean, anyone here get weekly or biweekly shipping and seen a difference? I'm monthly and I've explained my experience above. Word.
  • Options
    FlagwaverFlagwaver Posts: 140
    I used to use twice-a-month shipping and would usually get my email on Tuesday and the box would arrive by Thursday or Friday. When I dropped DC, I switched to once a month because I wasn't going to pay extra to receive only a few books. I started noticing that I would get the email but my box would not show up until the following week. I didn't know if this was a result of the monthly shipping cycle instead of the twice-a-month. Last week I received my email on Tuesday and my box arrived on Thursday. What I found strange was that it was delivered by FedEx when it should have been UPS.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited April 2012
    My monthly DCBS shipment is being shipped by FedEx today.

Update it arrived at 6:22pm today.

Matthew
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Back when DHL (nationally) existed, I recieved my books sooooo fast. I'm talking, go out Wednesday, get them on Thursday!

Now? Usually Monday, sometimes Tuesday the next week. Since I now get my shipments once a month (I was doing twice a month in the old days), it isn't really something I notice as much.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yup, my shippment arrived via FedEx for the first time. The only difference I noticed was that it came earlier in the day. I think I was the last stop of the day for the UPS guy.
  • Options
    Yup, my shippment arrived via FedEx for the first time. The only difference I noticed was that it came earlier in the day. I think I was the last stop of the day for the UPS guy.
    well you do live out der in the boonies, don'tcha know.
  • Options
    ravenraven Posts: 41
    i kind of find it a bit weird to complain about a day or 2. i get me DCBS order 2-3 weeks later, but i am in australia.
  • Options
    JohnTiltonJohnTilton Posts: 113
    I haven't had any trouble. usually a couple days after previews comes out i will get a email with a shipping number and it will arrive less than a week later. for example, previews came out last wednesday, I got the shipping number last friday, and it will arrive here on thursday. for 30+ pounds of comics and trades, and only 6 bucks for shipping, I can't complain.
  • Options
    i kind of find it a bit weird to complain about a day or 2. i get me DCBS order 2-3 weeks later, but i am in australia.
    Second that.

Same thing for Amazon.

Sometimes it just gets caught somewhere
  • Options
    I believe that DCBS sends out the shipments to weekly customers first, the the twice a month customers, then lastly the monthly customers.
    Since I have been a customer (monthly), my shipment almost always arrives on the Tuesday after the week it ships. I received my recent shipment yesterday, Tuesday, April 3. Once in a great while I receive my box on Monday. With the discount I am receiving, I do not mind waiting at all. Besides, my "to read" pile seems to be never ending, so the wait is hardly bothersome.
  • Options
    its less about the complaining, and more about whether this is a trend or an outlier...

by the way, my books all showed up today, and were (as always) amazingly packed (foam not peanuts! YAY!) and Im already working my way thru the pile...
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Back when DHL (nationally) existed, I recieved my books sooooo fast. I'm talking, go out Wednesday, get them on Thursday!

Now? Usually Monday, sometimes Tuesday the next week. Since I now get my shipments once a month (I was doing twice a month in the old days), it isn't really something I notice as much.
    I miss DHL. They were so fast, and their customer service people were SO MUCH easier to deal with. A UPS rep once told me a misdelivered package was no longer their concern because they delivered it someplace. When DHL misdelivered one of my packages, they went and looked for it and then brought it to me that same day.
  • Options
    I lost 3-4 DCBS packages throught UPS. Many times I instructed the delivery-man to leave it at the apartment office, not to have it delivered at all, and wait another two weeks for DCBS and UPS to decide that it had in fact disappeared, that I wasn't lying. Eventually it got to a point where I got my iPad and went all-digital the next month.
  • Options
    I live in Arizona as well (Hi Torchsong!) and my shipments never arrive before the Friday of the week following the last Wednesday of the month.
    This is definitely not because of UPS because I usually don't get the shipment email before Friday, usually it comes on Monday. So for whatever reason my label isn't being printed until Friday at the earliest, and it never seems to make shipment on Friday.
    It's a drag to have to wait so long, but I get 40 to 50% off my comics!!!
    So it's hard for me to work up a lather.
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256
    No matter the service, my shipments have always taken forever. Nowadays, they spend a 4 day vacation at some facility in Illinois before they head out west. No big deal, though. Gives me more time to whittle down the to-read pile.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    No matter the service, my shipments have always taken forever. Nowadays, they spend a 4 day vacation at some facility in Illinois before they head out west. No big deal, though. Gives me more time to whittle down the to-read pile.
    but there's a group of guys in a warehouse in Illinois that's getting half a week to catch up on all their favorite superheroes so that's a plus right?