Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1412 Talkback: Fan Expo 2013 Recap

Jamie, Murd, and Pants were up in Toronto for Fan Expo Canada 2013 this past weekend and in this episode we recap our experiences at the con. We discuss our purchases, panels we attended or moderated, and more including the announcement of 'Justice League Canada'. (1:07:05)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for sharing the Fan Expo experience w/ the rest of us of the GREAT CON of the North. I'm looking forward to some Tiz & Uncle Sal stories & their thoughts of the con. In the near future in the realm of entertainment also looking forward to JL Canada in 2014 & Affleck as Batman in 2015.

Matthew
  • Options
    It was nice meeting you guys. I had a great time at the con. For good or bad this year felt like they are making a push to make this con more San Diego like. My only real disappointment was no DC or Marvel booth. I talked to someone after one of the DC panels. He hinted that it may have been due to fanexpo pushing for so much other attractions that they couldn't get the floor space they usually get and therefore had to pull their booth.
  • Options
    JaxUrJaxUr Posts: 547
    Is that documentary on Canadian superheroes available to be seen anywhere?
  • Options
    JaxUr said:

Is that documentary on Canadian superheroes available to be seen anywhere?

Not yet--it's still in post-production. Here's a link to its Facebook page: https://facebook.com/LostHeroesMovie
  • Options
    TizianoTiziano Posts: 2

It was nice meeting you guys. I had a great time at the con. For good or bad this year felt like they are making a push to make this con more San Diego like. My only real disappointment was no DC or Marvel booth. I talked to someone after one of the DC panels. He hinted that it may have been due to fanexpo pushing for so much other attractions that they couldn't get the floor space they usually get and therefore had to pull their booth.

That's not true. They did not get forced outta their booth.
    This past year they didn't have a booth presence at C2E2 either btw.

• Options
    TizianoTiziano Posts: 2
    mguy1977 said:

Thanks for sharing the Fan Expo experience w/ the rest of us of the GREAT CON of the North. I'm looking forward to some Tiz & Uncle Sal stories & their thoughts of the con. In the near future in the realm of entertainment also looking forward to JL Canada in 2014 & Affleck as Batman in 2015.

Matthew

I need to apologize to Pants & crew publicly!!!
    Pants made numerous attempts to get me on the show but I kept cancelling due to post con commitments and work load.

I'm hoping to be on soon.
    Tiz

• Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    Tiziano said:

I need to apologize to Pants & crew publicly!!!
    Pants made numerous attempts to get me on the show but I kept cancelling due to post con commitments and work load.

I'm hoping to be on soon.
    Tiz

You're welcome on any time sir. Hope you took care of your chafing problem. :D
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    I thought the con was pretty good this year! I heard there were some problems with lines and "bullying security" (???) but my experience was good overall. My only regret is not going out with the CGS guys for dinner or something. Maybe next con. I did get to enjoy talking with them at their booth however, so that was cool! My only problem is that I'm so jet-lagged by the time I get to Toronto that it's hard for me to force myself to do anything after the coffee or 5-hour energy stuff wears off. And hey, y'all didn't tell me about those $2 bins! ;) I spent entirely too much time in the $1 ones...
  • Options
    Was great to meet everyone hosts and fellow fans of show. Don't know if I'll get another chance so glad to have crossed it off my to do list.