Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comic/Trade/Hardcover/OGN find of the week

I know as comic fans we are always looking out for good deals. Well I got one yesterday. There is a local indoor flea market I hit up every other month. One booth usually has comics. But mostly it is 90s era stuff. Well I noticed a magazine box. I start digging thru it and found a copy of Marvel Treasury Edition 19 starring a Conan. It is in a little under Near Mint condition. Best thing it was priced at 3 bucks. So I had to grab it. I dug further into the box and found a bunch more of the Treasury edition comics. Might have to go back soon and get more. So I ask what was your comic find of the week.

Comments

• Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Last weekend at the International Comix Festival Lucerne I went through a box and found
    Newave!: The Underground Mini Comix of the 1980s
    The 892 pages HC is in mint condition and was priced a mere CHF 4.--
    That's less than $5.00!!! (on Amazon $18.99)

Guess the dealer didn't know what he had :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWv6yrLCSVs

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    Ok made a purchase today that tops the Conan Treasury one. I knew that booth had more Treasury sized comics. Well after seeing my doctor today,I stopped by to see if there was anything new. Well there was. And I got the following. All of which are the Treasury size

Welcome back Kotter-this is the DC comic that is the same size as the Treasury comics from Marvel.

Superman and Flash-I want to say this reprints 2 or 3 of the Flash/Superman races.

Secret Origins of Super villians-Remember seeing this one as a kid and wanting it.

Superman and Shazam-Another I saw as a kid and have wanted for years.

Now all of these are in Fine shape,but since I was buying so many the owner of the booth cut me a deal. Instead of the normal 3 bucks,and she wanted $5 for the Superman/Flash one cause it is in better shape than the rest, I got all 4 for 8 bucks. The owner said that they have more of these ,plus a huge box of various b/w magazine sized comics. So I exchanged phone numbers with them. I am hoping in that box of magazine sized comics there is plenty of Savage Sword of Conan,the various 70s Marvel Monster mags,and maybe even some stuff from Skywald or Warren.
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Just had to post how excited I was to stumble across this on the shelves in my local used books store (that also has comics and trades).

I love the Busiek Astro City books and I keep an eye out for the HCs. Have all but Volume 2 now (which goes for crazy money on the secondary market).

Got this one for 1/2 of retail. And it has a book mark ribbon!