Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1417 Talkback - Previews

Previews time again! We go through the September catalog for items shipping to stores beginning in November. (1:11:12)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    Well, this episode grazed the Batwoman debacle, I suppose that's something...

The excellent Adv. of Superman issue referenced is #12 digitally and is by Rob Williams and Chris Weston
  • Options
    Comic_BreakComic_Break Posts: 17
    edited September 2013
    Here are the Super Best Friends redesigns that Murd mentioned. Apparently, the redesigns are being used to sell a line of costumes by Rubies. You have to scroll down a bit.http://www.thenerdsignal.net/?p=1272
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    edited September 2013
    Sorry to break it to you, Shane, but yes, Marvel is collecting Daredevil into even larger slightly oversized hardcovers. And they... are... awesome.

I think they're also going to do something similar with Hawkeye, which was only released as softcovers so far. The first hardcover collection will be slightly oversized and will collect the first two trades worth of material.

At least these deluxe hardcovers are affordable. Less than $20 each via DCBS or Amazon or whatever.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Transformers Dark Cybertron - This has been years in the making. I know I've said it almost everytime Transformers is brought up, but if you are any kind of TF fan and you have not been reading Robots In Disguise and/or More Than Meets The Eye, you really should check them out. James Roberts and John Barber have evolved the TF storytelling into something special. Best part of these two series, no humans. I would also suggest Autocracy and Monstrosity written by Chris Metzen (story developer for Blizzard)
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133

Here are the Super Best Friends redesigns that Murd mentioned. Apparently, the redesigns are being used to sell a line of costumes by Rubies. You have to scroll down a bit.http://www.thenerdsignal.net/?p=1272

Seems very similar to the Disney/Brave controversy with the redesign being used only for marketing.

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited September 2013
    Happy to see I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing Batman and Robin in Scooby-Doo Team-Up. But I think the voices from the original team-up on The New Scooby Movies were the original Filmation & Hanna-Barbera Dynamic Duo, Olan Soule and Casey Kasem. I don't think West and Ward voiced them on cartoons until the late 70s/early 80s Filmation version. :-B
  • Options

Happy to see I'm not the only one looking forward to seeing Batman and Robin in Scooby-Doo Team-Up. But I think the voices from the original team-up on The New Scooby Movies were the original Filmation & Hanna-Barbera Dynamic Duo, Olan Soule and Casey Kasem. I don't think West and Ward voiced them on cartoons until the late 70s/early 80s Filmation version. :-B

I think you may be correct about that. I am gonna have to pull out scooby batman DVD and check that out
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited September 2013

I am gonna have to pull out scooby batman DVD and check that out
    ...Ladies.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

I think you may be correct about that. I am gonna have to pull out scooby batman DVD and check that out
    Ditto
  • Options
    I wrote a blog about Cats are Weird a month or so ago. It's a fun book, with accurate observations.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    "Gibbon!" Murd, I love it! I'm glad I don't have the 1st volume, so I don't have to get that one. Heh-heh. I like these GIDDY episodes of Previews. Your real thoughts come out, I think. :P "How do you crack a problem like Mysterio? How do you put a fishbowl on your head?" Funny!!