Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1424 Talkback: Feedback, Follow-Up, and Frivolity

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, life model decoys, She Hulk, and the new fall TV season are just some of the topics covered in this episode, which is brought to you by the letter F. (1:08:42)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited October 2013
    @Jamie_D = punk'ng pimp.

I was almost laughing as hard as @Pants!
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Hilarious!! Disliking DJ @JamieD is da man...

I've heard Nick Fury may make a post credits appearance tonight on Agents of SHIELD... stay tuned!

Interesting thing i heard about She-Hulk's genesis, Stan Lee was concerned that they were going to introduce a female Hulk in the TV series and to beat CBS to the punch, Stan created She-Hulk so that Marvel would own the rights to a female Hulk character.

Great feedback episode guys and thanks for the brief mention Murd :)
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited October 2013
    Interesting. I made more of an appearance (though mentions) in this episode then I have more months! So this is how @Peter feels. :)

I did get what you tweeted me Jamie, you bastard.

I found Beware the Batman to be a copy of Arrow (which is a copy of Batman Begins-type universe)

M
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    Yes, let's discuss this Constantine TV show. Why would it drop out of nowhere after all the rumors of a Guillermo Del Toro helmed JL Dark movie?
    toplessrobot.com/2013/09/the_real_reason_theres_a_constantine_tv_show_comin.php

Rights-wise, the new show is already paid for. And Constantine's creators won't see any royalties from it for a long, long time, if ever. Because it's part of the movie deal that gave us the Keanu Reeves film.

From Stephen Bissette's Facebook page:
    This option apparently rolled out of the already-paid-for option for the CONSTANTINE movie in the 1990s. Thus, we'll only see $$ waaaay down the road, it appears, IF this series makes it to being a series. If it makes money. If it trickles down.
    Will update you if/as we learn more.

But we will see $$ from any comics/graphic novels sold from the spillover of interest, FYI.

Justice League Dark, the proposed Guillermo del Toro feature with Constantine as the main character, would also have featured characters like Swamp Thing and Deadman, thus requiring a new deal.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited October 2013
    I agree with Pimp. Constantine could be a great property. Unfortunately, I don't think Fox will do right by it. This needs to be on HBO or BBC. I think a better property for Fox might be something like Resurrection Man. They can have the creepy without all the negative "spiritual" baggage or half assed attempts to portray a character like Constantine.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    How does the 60% off work on mile high comics? Does it only work on floppies? Are TPB's included? Thanks!
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    bamfbamf said:

How does the 60% off work on mile high comics? Does it only work on floppies? Are TPB's included? Thanks!

Back issue comics only that are one year or older.
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    edited October 2013
    Pants said:

bamfbamf said:

Back issue comics only that are one year or older.
    THANKS!

WHERE'S MY MUDDLE MY MURD?!?!? =( ;-P
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    TV: The Goldbergs ...two episodes in and I'm hooked. Easily the funniest new show on TV.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Mr_Cosmic said:

TV: The Goldbergs ...two episodes in and I'm hooked. Easily the funniest new show on TV.

My kids are hooked on this. It is an awfully fun show.

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    The Goldbergs could be this generation's The Wonder Years.
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    fredzilla said:

if everyone on the Wonder Year yelled their lines
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    abuddah said:

fredzilla said:

if everyone on the Wonder Year yelled their lines
    Yes! And I love that...the dad cracks me up!
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    @Jamie_D as Matt's perpetual disliker... oh man, that made laugh so hard. Reminded me of that bit in Waid's FF run where you find out most of the Yancy Street Gang pranks on the Thing were actually Johnny. That was awesome, sir, and I'm glad you're (mostly) on our side. Now keep kicking that cancer's ass!

As for Byrne's runs on She-Hulk, I don't know if that was his best work ever, but it might just be my favorite thing he's ever done. Such a fun, anything-can-happen book, like the issue where Jen and a bunch of strangers are trapped by Dr. Bong in realistic, educational versions of Saturday morning cartoons (the Flintstones are actual Neanderthals, the Jetsons lecture everyone on the history of space exploration), and to escape she uses her knowledge that it's all just a comic book to rip through the pages and cut through a hilarious Mile High Comics ad parody ("Marvel Tales... you want back issues of a reprint book?!? $50 apiece then, chump!").

Other creators tried to do the same thing after he left the first time (I remember Simon Furman was on for a little bit, and he did a decent Death's Head team-up), but it just wasn't the same. Byrne's return might have had a little less of the fourth-wall-breaking than the first run, but it was still there from time to time, like the issue where she had to jumprope naked the entire time, and especially on the covers.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    @Jamie_D you're a hero. I haven't laughed that hard in a good while.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    LOL! Yeah, along with almost everyone else, I laughed out loud upon hearing about Jamie's prank on Matt. Still haven't seen Agents of SHIELD so no comment on that except to say it sounds good and if my sister's into it, there must be some draw to it.
    I agree with Pants, all these possible comic-related shows possibly coming on TV is AWESOME! // Good job, Murd on not getting muddled! And a clean sweep at that!
    She-Hulk: I think I have almost all of the early issues of all of her series, but I haven't got a complete run on anything. What I have is all enjoyable, though.