Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Boston Comic Con - Now with pics!

Boston Comic Con is only a couple weeks away. I keep missing it every year, but I'm really hoping to go this year, most likely on Saturday. I know Dan Capitumini is going to be in Artists Alley, and Katie Cook is supposed to be there, too. Anyone else from Forumland plan on being in attendance one or both days?

If you're on the fence, check out the guest and artist alley lists. Some incredible names!

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited April 2012
    Boston Comic Con was this weekend. Anyone go? I went with my son Liam for a little while yesterday, and it was a fun time. It was packed! Nice to see the show being successful, but that made it pretty hard to get around. Between the crowds and the kiddo, we only got in about 2 hours before we decided to go home (but 2 hours before his going into Full-On Whine Mode beats his previous record by a good 90 minutes, so I'm taking the win there). We got to see a lot, even if we couldn't exactly *look* at everything or talk to many people (well, that one was more Li than the crowds... I sure as hell tried to talk to people, but it's hard with a very determined 6 year old yanking you away the entire time!). Still, a mostly fun time. Unfortunately I completely missed @Dan_Cap, but I did get to talk to some other CGS mainstays like Katie Cook and Jamal Igle a bit, so that was cool. And I got to meet Stephanie Buscema and gush about how much I love her art (her whole family's art!), which was awesome. Here are some pics:

Cap'n Liam waits in line.

Mr. T and Blade.

Aquaman and Mera.

A few of the younger Bat-crew.

Rule 63 11th Doctor and the TARDIS (they were super-nice).

Another 11th Doctor and Carl Sagan (I had to shake that guy's hand for that).

Katie Cook with the 4th Doctor & K9 mini-painting she did for me.

Stephanie Buscema.
  • Options
    Awesome picks, it looks like you had a really good time!! I love going to cons but can't get to nearly as many as I like.
  • Options
    Dan_CapDan_Cap Posts: 39
    Cool pics, Sorry I didn't get to see you, I can understand there where alot of people, and I saw more than a few kids who had enough. Maybe see you in RI in november! It was a great show and so much to see. Thanks to all the people who attended the con and anyone who came by and said hi! Thanks!
  • Options
    MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
    Like seeing pictures of kids and teens at these cons!

Down with old people (like me)!
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Cool pics, Sorry I didn't get to see you, I can understand there where alot of people, and I saw more than a few kids who had enough. Maybe see you in RI in november! It was a great show and so much to see. Thanks to all the people who attended the con and anyone who came by and said hi! Thanks!
    Definitely going to try to get to the RI con in November. Gotta support finally getting a decent-sized show locally! I may even try to volunteer for that one, but even if I don't, it's close enough that if my son wanted to go, I could bring him with me for a little while, bring him home, and then go back to look around on my own. Everyone wins!
    :D
  • Options
    very cool sketches and prints..

Just started watch MST3K's movie....... for the first time. I laugh at everything coming out of the front row.