Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

24 Hour Live Stream Marathon

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
My fellow esteemed and extraordinary geeks,

In just over a week I will be embarking on a twenty-four hour marathon of playing World of Warcraft which will be streamed live for all the interwebz to see as part of my dad's GiveForward fund.

I do not come to you today asking for donations of the monetary kind. Instead, I come to you asking that you please utilize your twitters, facebooks, tumblrs, blogs, beacons, subspace radio and whatever other means you may have to share and spread this post found here at GiveForward. You'll be doing a great service for a fellow geek. Getting this spread about is more important than the dollars and cents right now.

Thank you all

Greg

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    That's cool! I've never played WoW but I see there is a new expansion. I'm guessing that's what you'll be tackling?
  • Options
    The new expansion isn't out until next year, but yeah, I will when it does. My son and I have just started doing the live stream thing. We're behind in picking up some up games, still haven't played Lego Marvel, can't wait to dig into that game.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I've watched a few live streams of people playing Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, etc.

What type of software do you use to stream? Do you notice a drop in game performance while streaming?

• Options
    I use OBS (Open Broadcast Software) and I haven't noticed any issues with game performance. I have a pc built for gaming, the only time I have any problems is in mmo's like WoW while in raids with over 30 or more people, that's easily fixed adjusting the game resolution.

My son and daughter do do a lot of Minecraft stuff. We're going to try doing some PvP in different games with them doing some comedic play by play and color commentary.

We've just got all of this set up about three weeks or so ago and have just been getting used to it and tweaking settings. I need to get some diffent mics, the ones we have pick up too much and I'm still fighting an echo problem. Once I'm more comfortable with everything we'll start archiving the video on twitch and youtube.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I will be watching and donating :D
  • Options
    Tomorrow's the day. final push to get the word out. Many thanks guys.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

I will be watching and donating :D

done and done

:)
  • Options
    @ John_Steed, thank you.

It didn't go well. Had huge lag problems starting out, got that fixed eventually. Almost thirteen hours in and the broadcast program started crashing on me. Got it back up for a short while before it started up again. Never got it stable after that.