Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1439 Talkback: Off the Racks - IMAGINE Agents #1, Letter 44 #1, and Thor: Crown of Fools

OTR is plus-sized this month, as last month's missing pick, Afterlife With Archie #1, staggers in to join our regularly scheduled lineup of reviews: I.M.A.G.I.N.E. Agents #1 from BOOM! Studios, Letter 44 #1 from Oni Press, and Marvel's Thor: Crown of Fools one-shot. (1:15:12)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited November 2013
    After I get moved into my new house, I will be getting Letter 44 in tpb following reading the last HC of the Locke & Key in February. You guys sold me on the series but space is at a premium right now so collections will be more & more likely the right route for me personally. I appreciate the OTR episodes w/ the DC/Marvel spotlight history by Chris or fill in the blank special guest. Thanks for the podcast guys.

Matthew
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I've read them all (digitally).

Love the concept and art of Letter 44. I'm eager to learn whereto this goes. Strong buy for me.

Like the look of I.M.A.G.I.N.E. Agents, the writing not so much. It has potential though. Would borrow next issue.

Thor: Crown of Fools. Had to pay way too much for so little. Found the art to be serviceable, the writing dull. Pants!

Nice show - thanks guys. Now, where can I get my $3.99 refunded?
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Let's see, I'm pretty sure I ordered only two of the four books discussed. And I'm hoping that I continued to order them after that. They were both THAT good!

AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE: BUY! My sisters would buy Archie comics while I was buying my superheroes, but sometimes I would borrow theirs and that led me to buy SOME of my very own. Especially Betty and Veronica, if you get my drift. Anyway, this zombie Archie comic was well done but I thought there should've been more B and V in it. It seemed as though the creative team made quite an effort to get almost all the Archie characters some face time, so I guess I can forgive them for the few appearances of B and V. Like Jamie I wanted the next issue right now!

LETTER 44: BUY! I don't usually like comics with a lot of political commentary, but this one got to me due to the sci-fi and conspiracy elements. In fact, I thought it was gonna go in a kind of X-Files direction ( that maybe the ideas presented in the letter were a hoax), but that wasn't the case. Like Shane (I think it was Shane), the artwork didn't do much for me, but the plot and dialogue were top-notch! As Murd said, there was a lot of tension! I'm hoping I ordered the next issue cuz I gotta see what the generals do to (try and) stop the Prez from making the space expedition public! And what's up with that pregnancy???
  • Options
    Did you guys not do 'Amazing X-Men' yet or am I missing an episode somewhere? (no seriously, I'm con EXHAUSTED and literally don't know if I'm just completely forgetting an entire episode...)

I remember you guys saying you were going to review it for an future off the racks, and then I asked Shane if you would do a brief crash course on the need to know facts for the book since I was picking it up cold turkey with no current X-Men knowledge. From there, I don't remember you guys reviewing it...someone help me out.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    We do have Amazing X-men to do along with Unity from Valiant and Scooby Doo Team up. my bad, still learing this producer thing
  • Options
    JamieD said:

We do have Amazing X-men to do along with Unity from Valiant and Scooby Doo Team up. my bad, still learing this producer thing

Oh, no biggie Jamie D. I wasn't so much upset about it as I was just confused. No harm no foul. Thanks for the update though. (and thanks for that 5th Anniversary shout-out you guys did for our show)
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    It was our pleasure to do, you have all be so supportive of us, all execept Dan of course LOL :))