Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1445 Talkback - Christmas Storytime with Uncle Sal

You better watch out, you better not cry! Uncle Sal is comin' to town, with a sackful of hilarious tales of bitterness and frustration, just in time for the holidays! (Make sure the children are nestled all snug in their beds before you listen, though--Mature Audiences only!) (2:22:25)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    PeterPeter Posts: 470
    Happy Grumpy Munchkin!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Filthy x-mas everyone :@)

Uncle Sal is coming to town.

Awesome.
  • Options
    THE RETURN OF PANTS!
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    edited December 2013
    Listening to Sal's lost luggage saga reminded me of my trek back from Seattle to NYC for the holidays during my short time living on the West Coast in late 2009. That was the year New York had one of its bigger snowfalls in a while, so my direct flight back on Delta was initially rescheduled for later in the day. I checked the time constantly, and it wound up switching from what was I believe a 7pm flight to a 6am flight the next day. I wake up, check the flight schedule, still good to go. Grab a cab to the airport, go through security, check in, no problem. I board my flight, and we sit there on the plane for 30 minutes until we're told to disembark. Flight cancelled.

After finding an alternate Delta customer service number to call since the main one was all busy signals, I wound up rescheduled: instead of my direct flight, I now had a flight from Seattle to Minnesota, followed by a shuttle flight from Minneapolis to Cincinnati, and then finally a flight from Cincinnati to JFK.

Made all my connections without issues (and got to try Cincinnati airport chili), we go to land earlier than scheduled, and our gate is not ready. In fact, the mechanism that connects the jetway to the plane is malfunctioning! They finally fix that and we disembark and I go to meet my friend who is picking me up at baggage claim. He was there...but my bags weren't! They never made the connection from Minneapolis to Cincinnati. I nearly fall over laughing out of frustration, but at least I was coming home to where I still had a bunch of clothes in my closet and not to a hotel room and no clean pants.

Finally got my bags TWO DAYS LATER. That's when I made it a mission to never fly Delta again, especially if I have to check bags.
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    Lets stop the hate crimes against Ohio X(
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Hate crimes against Ohio? Haha...it's all in fun. You shoulda heard when he railed against Wisconsin! :)) Anyway, I liked this episode of Uncle Sal, but it wasn't as funny as the previous one. However, there was still PLENTY of stuff to laugh at even if I'd heard some of the lines before! I especially liked how Sal tells the story about British Airways, the tales about his wife and family, and as someone above said "Grumpy Munchkin!" What is a grumpy munchkin? Is it similar to a "roman helmet?" Speaking of those sex positions, I don't know if I should post this here but I thought I saw a letter from Uncle Sal in the back of Sex Criminals #2. I wonder if it was him...
    Oh, and it was nice hearing Pants there! The other guys seemed rather quiet this time. Well, I could hear Shane and Jamie's somewhat subdued laughter, but Murd? I'm not sure if he was laughing or not. At least he got a couple of lines in there that Sal riffed on.
    Well, looking forward to Uncle Sal again in April/May? ^:)^
  • Options
    Love every Uncle Sal episode.
    Now I'm not saying I want less poop and dick jokes but what about actually trying to interview Sal. I don't think the CGS guys have asked Sal a real question is a while.
    It's more just "here's Sal" ... and two hours later I'm still laughing. I know, not easy. But Sal actually has some interesting takes on the comics industry. He's a lucky guy that his day job and his passion actually line up, I dig it the odd time he gives a serious take.
    So my request, more serious Sal, same amount of poop jokes, more NFL talk, ok maybe more poop jokes too.