Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Blathering About The Beatles

13»

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

Matt said:

Matt said:

I'd say the A-Team impacted some of my values.

Wait a minute. The A-Team? I take it back. You have no soul.
    You mean the notion of helping people despite your own blight (like being actively pursued by the military for a crime you didn't commit) means you have no soul?

M
    No, the notion of helping people despite your own plight as long as they have to money to pay you to do so. That was the premise of the show, yes? “Maybe you can hire [emphasis mine] the A-Team”?
    How many episodes did they actually get their fee? How many of THOSE episodes did they get the full amount? Having watched the series numerous times, there are far more times they DIDN'T get paid then when they did.

There were episodes the bad guys offered more then the clients. They're were a lot of episodes they found them in a situation where they decided to help out.

Trust me, if they were really mercenaries I wouldn't have enjoyed the show.

M
    I’m just messing with you, Matt, but the fact remains that they do ask for a fee, and they do state in the opening credits that they are mercenaries for hire. But I think it’s great you can take something meaningful from such a ridiculous show (and I say “ridiculous” with affection—I watched the show pretty much every week for the first two or three seasons). Maybe you do have a soul after all.
    The show is one of the main reasons I aspire to be a knight-errant:

knight–er·rant\ˈnīt-ˈer-ənt\
    noun
    : a knight traveling in search of adventures in which to exhibit military skill, prowess, and generosity
    Other forms: plural knights–errant
    First use: 14th century

If I didn't need money to work, I'd be able to freelance with an emphasis on FREE.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Matt said:

Matt said:

Matt said:

I'd say the A-Team impacted some of my values.

Wait a minute. The A-Team? I take it back. You have no soul.
    You mean the notion of helping people despite your own blight (like being actively pursued by the military for a crime you didn't commit) means you have no soul?

M
    No, the notion of helping people despite your own plight as long as they have to money to pay you to do so. That was the premise of the show, yes? “Maybe you can hire [emphasis mine] the A-Team”?
    How many episodes did they actually get their fee? How many of THOSE episodes did they get the full amount? Having watched the series numerous times, there are far more times they DIDN'T get paid then when they did.

There were episodes the bad guys offered more then the clients. They're were a lot of episodes they found them in a situation where they decided to help out.

Trust me, if they were really mercenaries I wouldn't have enjoyed the show.

M
    I’m just messing with you, Matt, but the fact remains that they do ask for a fee, and they do state in the opening credits that they are mercenaries for hire. But I think it’s great you can take something meaningful from such a ridiculous show (and I say “ridiculous” with affection—I watched the show pretty much every week for the first two or three seasons). Maybe you do have a soul after all.
    The show is one of the main reasons I aspire to be a knight-errant:

knight–er·rant\ˈnīt-ˈer-ənt\
    noun
    : a knight traveling in search of adventures in which to exhibit military skill, prowess, and generosity
    Other forms: plural knights–errant
    First use: 14th century

If I didn't need money to work, I'd be able to freelance with an emphasis on FREE.

M
    Okay, you officially have a soul again. It’s just locked up inside a suit of cold steel armor.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

What d'hell you talkin' 'bout, Weathington? I pity the fool don't respect the A-Team! Don't make me come over to the TwoMorrows office and kick your Alter Ego right into the second Titans Companion! :)
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

What d'hell you talkin' 'bout, Weathington? I pity the fool don't respect the A-Team! Don't make me come over to the TwoMorrows office and kick your Alter Ego right into the second Titans Companion! :)

I think as a penance, he should have to write a companion to the series!

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Torchsong said:

M
    I see him breaking down in tears over his laptop as he realizes his writing background has brought him to covering a chapter on Melinda Cullea's hair change from season one to season two. :)

• Options
    Torchsong said:

Matt said:

Torchsong said:

M
    I see him breaking down in tears over his laptop as he realizes his writing background has brought him to covering a chapter on Melinda Cullea's hair change from season one to season two. :)

I'll have you guys know that I once (back in 2001, 2002) tried to get an interview with Mr. T (who I share a birthday with, by the way). This would have been for the Kirby Collector, as Jack did character design, set design, and prop design for the Mr. T cartoon. His agency never even responded to me.

I could not conceive of doing an A-Team Companion without the participation of Mr. T, so I’m afraid you’re out of luck.

And I never said I didn’t respect the show. There are tons of ridiculous shows that I adore. I wouldn’t say I adore the A-Team, but I did enjoy it for a time.

Oh, and the hair color change would be a sidebar, not a chapter. ;)
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I'll never forget that episode with Boy George :D
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited December 2013
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Has anyone ever done a video mashup of the A-Team and stormtroopers shooting at each other, and everyone missing?

If not, someone should.
  • Options
    To me the real gift the A-Team left us was the "Let's build an armory from parts just lying around the place" montage. Dr. Doom would have paid serious money* to have the A-Team working for him. They'd have built a weapon even that accursed Richards wouldn't be able to counter.

Also, pat on the back, everyone! We took a Beatles thread and turned it into an A-Team one!

*No, he really wouldn't. If he wouldn't pay Luke Cage, her sure as hell isn't going to pay Hannibal.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

To me the real gift the A-Team left us was the "Let's build an armory from parts just lying around the place" montage. Dr. Doom would have paid serious money* to have the A-Team working for him. They'd have built a weapon even that accursed Richards wouldn't be able to counter.

Also, pat on the back, everyone! We took a Beatles thread and turned it into an A-Team one!

*No, he really wouldn't. If he wouldn't pay Luke Cage, her sure as hell isn't going to pay Hannibal.

GIve me my money, honey!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Torchsong said:

Yes. . . but how many posts would it take us to turn it into a thread about why Matt doesn't read Batman anymore?

• Options
    David_D said:

Torchsong said:

Yes. . . but how many posts would it take us to turn it into a thread about why Matt doesn't read Batman anymore?

At this point, can't you just copy & paste posts through the forum to fill a couple dozen pages?

M
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    WTF. Matt doesn't read Batman anymore????

(see what I just did there?)
  • Options

WTF. Matt doesn't read Batman anymore????

(see what I just did there?)

I've already read about Batman's first year & a death in his family back in the 80s! ;)

M
  • Options
    Heck, I'm not reading Batman anymore.
  • Options

Heck, I'm not reading Batman anymore.

Me, either.
  • Options
    I still do...

:(
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

I still do...

The first step is admitting you have a problem.
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    So this thread transitioned into Blathering about the Bat-less?
  • Options
    hauberk said:

So this thread transitioned into Blathering about the Bat-less?

Don't they all, eventually?
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Torchsong said:

I still do...

Well, to be fair - I still read BatGIRL and BatWOMAN alongside the Snyder BatMAN title. All the other bat-stuff I don't bother with. And I'm looking to drop Batwoman.

Bat-cocaine is a hell of a drug! :)

• Options
    Torchsong said:

WetRats said:

Torchsong said:

I still do...

Well, to be fair - I still read BatGIRL and BatWOMAN alongside the Snyder BatMAN title. All the other bat-stuff I don't bother with. And I'm looking to drop Batwoman.

Bat-cocaine is a hell of a drug! :)
    Put that in your utility belt!
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    edited December 2013
    Back to the Beatles. Anybody read The Fifth Beatle yet? Is there a thread already? I was surprised it was only $20! $17 on Amazon. I thumbed through it at Barnes and Noble. The art looks great. If Marvel produced it it would be split into two books for $30 a piece. And I'm a Marvel guy. I'll get it after the holidays.
  • Options

Back to the Beatles. Anybody read The Fifth Beatle yet? Is there a thread already? I was surprised it was only $20! $17 on Amazon. I thumbed through it at Barnes and Noble. The art looks great. If Marvel produced it it would be split into two books for $30 a piece. And I'm a Marvel guy. I'll get it after the holidays.

No. I ordered it from my LCS, but either my shop or Diamond dropped the ball, and I have not received it yet, and I won't be getting back to the shop until after New Year’s, so I'm rather irritated because I was hoping to take it with me when I visit my folks.