Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1446 Talkback - Previews

It's beginning to look a lot like... Previews! We go through the December catalog for items shipping to stores starting in February. (1:34:56)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Please excuse me while I find torrents for the first 2 seasons of Game of Thrones.

I'll be back later.
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    edited December 2013
    You guys might have already heard this by now, but:

-That New Avengers issue is not being written by Rick Remender. That was a misprint. Hickman is still the writer. Bianchi's on art, though! *fistpump*

-The "Inhuman" title has been pushed back a few months and Fraction is no longer writing it. The new writer is Charles Soule, whose DC work I've really liked. I think Soule is an upgrade because, much as I like Hawkeye and Casanova, I don't have much confidence in Fraction's range or ability to write something more serious like the Inhumans. Apparently Joe Mad is still on art, and I hope to god that whatever pages (issues?) he drew so far have not been completely scrapped.

Great episode.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Great episode so far (and the volume is perfect @JamieD)
    Elsiebub said:

-The "Inhuman" title has been pushed back a few months and Fraction is no longer writing it. The new writer is Charles Soule, whose DC work I've really liked. I think Soule is an upgrade because, much as I like Hawkeye and Casanova, I don't have much confidence in Fraction's range or ability to write something more serious like the Inhumans. Apparently Joe Mad is still on art, and I hope to god that whatever pages (issues?) he drew so far have not been completely scrapped.

That could actually be very good news... I'm almost Fraction-ed out.

Also of note (since you plan to feature it in an upcoming Off The Racks) - Frank Miller is no longer the cover artist for Detective Comics #27
  • Options

Great episode so far (and the volume is perfect @JamieD)

Elsiebub said:

That could actually be very good news... I'm almost Fraction-ed out.

Also of note (since you plan to feature it in an upcoming Off The Racks) - Frank Miller is no longer the cover artist for Detective Comics #27
    @bralinator Frank Miller is indeed drawing an alternate cover for 27. They put his name back in the hat: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/12/frank-millers-cover-for-detective-comics-27-is-back-what-happened/
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    edited December 2013
    Looking forward to the re-launch of the Book of the Month episodes
    (The Sandman: Preludes & Nocturnes) \:D/

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Frank Miller is indeed drawing an alternate cover for 27. They put his name back in the hat: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/12/12/frank-millers-cover-for-detective-comics-27-is-back-what-happened/

Wow - I totally missed that. Thanks! I wonder what actually happened there? I'm sure Diamond was a bit frustrated with DC.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I loved the early 90s New Warriors series. I've pretty much kept my distance from them ever since they blew up that town pre Civil War. Last I saw Speedball was known Penance and wore an Iron Maiden torture costume. I'm not sure how he got over all that but I've been happy to see his fun loving self in Nova. I'm pretty jazzed for this new series and hopefully they won't be the cause of any superhuman wars.
  • Options
    I got your back, Mr. D. I listen to the show on my iPod Classic, plugged into my car's cassette deck. Take that, up-to-the-minute technology!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

I got your back, Mr. D. I listen to the show on my iPod Classic, plugged into my car's cassette deck. Take that, up-to-the-minute technology!

Bah. Not impressed. Each new episode gets delivered to me via air by a Pterosaurs. And each time I fear for my fingers when I have to remove that shellac from its peak. It's quite a vicious beast you know.

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Nice to hear the Deemer on the episode, BUT like ChrisMurrin above, I also occasionally listen to CGS on my iPod. Especially when I listen to old back-to-back-to-back Uncle Sal episodes that can't be contained on an iPhone or iPad.
    Murd: You probably looked it up already, but the Heap appears in Eclipse's Airboy in issues #3 and #4 (as Jamie said).
    Oh, the Deemer DVD Rant was awesome! Heh-heh....