Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Episode 1448 Talkback - Top 5 Christmas Gifts We Got As Kids

2»

Comments

• hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    I had some pretty strong flashbacks during this episode. Here are some of my highlights that weren't already covered:

5) Compound Bow
    4) Eagle spacecraft from Space:1999
    3) GI Joe Adventure Team Big Trapper
    2) 12" Star Wars action figures (Vader, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2, C-3PO and Boba Fett) - my family liked to theme gifts.
    1) Micronauts - especially the Giant Acroyer, Galactic Cruiser and Micropolis building sets.

Honorable mention:

Riviton building set - used this to build all kinds of cool vehicles for my cross brand, Star Wars, Micronauts, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Black Hole action figures.

Star Wars Droid Factory.

Star Wars (pre-EU) EU vehicles, like the Capture Pod and the little Interceptor thing.
  • alienalalienal Posts: 508
    edited January 2014
    Wow, nice episode...at the 29 minute mark! Wow, Jamie! I had one of those GI Joe Frogman guys with the harpoon and stuff. Yeah, the bathtub was too small a playground for it...but...anyway...brings back some memories of playing in the backyard in the inflatable pool in the winter sunshine in L.A.
    Interesting that Shane mentioned the Batman TV show...the entire TV will be on DVD soon! Yay!
    Ohmigod! Adam (Murd!): I had that Animals A to Z book too! But I had it much earlier. Maybe it had various editions?
    5) Schwinn (sic?) Bicycle (10 years old?)
    4) Hot Wheels and Hot Wheels Race Track ( 9 years old)
    3) Chaparral and Maserati Electric Race Track (11 years old)
    2) Oil Paint By Number Set (12 years old)
    1) A Red Tonka Texaco Gasoline Truck (4 or 5 years old...and I still have it! So sturdy that even my nieces and nephews have played with it, rode on it, etc.)
    DRUNK CAP!!!! Awesome!
  • hauberk said:

I had some pretty strong flashbacks during this episode. Here are some of my highlights that weren't already covered:

5) Compound Bow
    4) Eagle spacecraft from Space:1999
    3) GI Joe Adventure Team Big Trapper
    2) 12" Star Wars action figures (Vader, Luke, Han, Chewie, R2, C-3PO and Boba Fett) - my family liked to theme gifts.
    1) Micronauts - especially the Giant Acroyer, Galactic Cruiser and Micropolis building sets.

Honorable mention:

Riviton building set - used this to build all kinds of cool vehicles for my cross brand, Star Wars, Micronauts, Buck Rogers, Flash Gordon, Black Hole action figures.

Star Wars Droid Factory.

Star Wars (pre-EU) EU vehicles, like the Capture Pod and the little Interceptor thing.

I, too got the Eagle spacecraft, the 12" Star Wars figures (of which, R2 and 3PO are now sitting on my desk at work), and Micronauts. The Eagle was the greatest toy/playset ever created, and If I had the cash, I would have one right now.
  • rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Aurora Comic Scene model kits.
    I didn't get them for Christmas. I had to save up for them, but I love them!