Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

New Guy wants to say Thanks!

So I didn't really see a place to say this, so here it is. This podcast is awesome. I have been out of comics for years. Getting married and having a kid kinda takes your time and money. So comics had to be left behind. Then I stumbled on CGS on ITunes and BAM!! I am hooked. I love what you guys are doing and I have listened to Murd's Time Bubble and Jamie's Essentials. Plus I have gone through spotlights and some various episodes. I am so getting back into comics. You guys have piqued my curiosity about some titles( Byrne's FF, Man of Steel, Hourman) and took me back to some great comic memories with titles I did read( Starman being one of the big ones). Fantastic time listening to all these hours of talk and I just wanted to share my thanks and hope that there are many more.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    J.J.(can I call you J.J.?) welcome to the forums and I'm glad you're back into comics.
  • Options
    Thanks Mr. C, J.J. is just fine. I have been without comics for so long that just hearing about them was great. I want to go back and really get into some of the history of comics, FF, Uncanny X-men, Early avengers. But along the way I want to try and keep up with the times also. But I don't want to buy wastefully either. The current titles seem to have a few that need to be left alone. I tried the new FF title and BLARG!!! That just sucked to me others may like it and that is just fine. I think going into the past on the Fantastic Four is the way to go for now. Avengers right now just seems like they have a lot going on with infinity,and now inhumanity plus this avengers world deal, Whoa where do I even start to get on at? So I am just going to listen and hopefully get some good advice here.
  • Options
    I've been reading FF non stop for about 12 years now and there have been a few highs and lows. I agree that the latest creative team didn't exactly knock it out of the park. The writer before Fraction was Jonathan Hickman and he had a long, amazing run on the book. You may want to track down the first volume and give it a shot. Otherwise James Robinson(who you may remember from Starman) will be taking over soon and I'm sure that will be a good starting point.

Avengers...sigh...yes, lots of titles and possibly confusing for people who haven't been reading everything. The main title, the backbone of the Avengers titles, is Jonathan Hickman's Avengers book. You can get away with just reading that and you should be OK. Personally I read Avengers and New Avengers as they tend to be connected.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Welcome JJ, Glad you are enjoying the episodes, its always good to hear from new listeners and please dont be a stranger on the forums. let us know what you like and what you dont, we are always looking for feedback on ways to improve the show
  • Options
    JamieD said:

we are always looking for feedback on ways to improve the show

@JamieD

More cowbell.

• Options
    Yeah I could definitely go for more cowbell.
  • Options
    Thanks Mr. C for the FF advice. I will go back and try some Hickman. Robinson might do a good job so I will cross my fingers for that. The Avengers I will try the main title, but the "mighty" and "new" avengers I just don't see happening right now. I kinda kept up with comics so I knew about the New Avengers when that started. I thought that could be cool. But the illuminati being the new avengers just doesn't hook me. I just don't care. For now. Who knows what the future holds.