Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1453 Talkback - Previews

Did somebody say 'Previews'? We go through the January catalog for items shipping to stores starting in March. Includes our first look at this year's Free Comic Book Day giveaways! (1:55:38)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    @JamieD, you owe the quarter jar a bit of change. Samnee is pronounced like “omni,” not like “ham knee.” I know you guys like to get those details right.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210

@JamieD, you owe the quarter jar a bit of change. Samnee is pronounced like “omni,” not like “ham knee.” I know you guys like to get those details right.

Thank you sir for the correction ^:)^
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Darren Aronofsky is the guy who directed Pi, Requiem for a Dream, Black Swan, and the Fighter.
    He is doing a Noah movie with Russel Crow and I guess this is the comic adaptation. They did the same thing for his movie The Fountain. The Fountain wasn't a direct adaptation and it was a little different than the movie.
  • Options
    I also think the comic is not an adaptation of the movie coming out, but was the original story they wanted to do before the studio said, "no". Stick to the original text :)
  • Options
    Can I just say that I am giddy about Dynamite's latest licensed offering?

Since it's the Six Millions Dollar Man's 40th anniversary, my favorite toy, Maskatron is making his debut... kewl.

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Free Comic Book Day: Hmm, I'll just wait until the time comes to order...
    Dark Horse: I'll probably only get The Star Wars #6
    DC: Probably Forever Evil main title, the 4 Justice League titles (JL, JLA, JLD, JL3000),
    Batman, Batman and Aquaman, Earth 2, and Astro City. I'm interested in the original OGN (Black Canary/Zatanna) also, but...a bit expensive. Yeah, that Batman and...series: I jumped back on two months ago. And Harley Quinn...I'll consider it.
    IDW: Nothing...
    Image: I'm gonna try some new #1's! Starlight, Real Heroes, and Sovereign all look good.
    Then, I'll add Fatale, Lazarus, and probably something else.
    Marvel: Okay-okay, I can go along with you and get Moon Knight and Silver Surfer. Then, Uncanny X-Men, Avengers World, New Warriors, All-New Invaders, All-New X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy, Superior Spideys 29-30, Miracle Man, Mighty Avengers, Avengers #27 (Wow, a homage to Volume 1: issue 45!), Hawkeye, and Amazing X-Men! Wow, 13 titles. Too many!
    Other Comics: Afterlife with Archie #5, maybe Twilight Zone #3 (D.E.), Magnus Robot Fighter (D.E.)... Okay, that's 34 comics. Less than last month...but this isn't the final list.