Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Pro or Anti Slabbing? Your thoughts on Certified Guaranty Company (CGC)

2»

Comments

• Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    RickM said:

If I own the nicest copy of Action 1 and slab it, it's not sealed away forever. There are many reprints available for anyone who wants to enjoy that story.

Don't get me wrong... like I stated before, if I came across something that was worth buckets of cash, I too would slab it. Purely from an investment point of view. However, if it came to that, then I wouldn't really be looking at that particular artifact as a "comic" anymore. In my view it would become a physical representation of Fat Cash.

In my skewed world view and collecting preferences... reprints don't count.
    Again, don't get me wrong. I own many, many reprints and trades, but I don't bag & board them and definitely don't wear white gloves while reading them.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Hex said:

but I don't bag & board them and definitely don't wear white gloves while reading them.

Bags?

Boards?

Gloves???

Criminy!

I eat popcorn while reading my comics.

Then I pile 'em in stacks until they topple, at which point, I shove 'em unsorted into boxes.

WetRats: Making Your Books More Valuable Daily.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    WetRats said:

I've caught my wife eating popcorn while reading my weekly pile!
    I don't go that far, but I really don't get bent out of shape about the shape of my books. I read them with my little kids!
    I bag and board them, because I like how they look in the package (and they are easier to organize in boxes that way). "white gloves" are a figure of speech. I'm sure people who would wear white gloves while handling a comic would love Slabbing!
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    kfreeman said:

I'm only pro-slabbing, for the most part, if it is an expensive book that you want to sell. It provides a standard that everyone can use in regards to condition, so takes doubt out of the mix. If you have no intention of getting rid of a book, I am all for keeping it exactly the way that it is.

I agree. If its something that is rare or special because it was limited edition, or signed, or what have you, its good to have a standard. But I think its gotten way out of hand.
  • Options
    Planeis said:

kfreeman said:

I'm only pro-slabbing, for the most part, if it is an expensive book that you want to sell. It provides a standard that everyone can use in regards to condition, so takes doubt out of the mix. If you have no intention of getting rid of a book, I am all for keeping it exactly the way that it is.

I agree. If its something that is rare or special because it was limited edition, or signed, or what have you, its good to have a standard. But I think its gotten way out of hand.
    Out of hand?

Perhaps.

But where's the harm?
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    WetRats said:

Then I pile 'em in stacks until they topple, at which point, I shove 'em unsorted into boxes.

You bastard!

We work days on end on our funnybooks so they can be immediately transferred into tiny plastic coffins lest they be experienced by the outside world!

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

:)

• Options
    Torchsong said:

WetRats said:

You bastard!

We work days on end on our funnybooks so they can be immediately transferred into tiny plastic coffins lest they be experienced by the outside world!

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

:)

>:)