Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1456 Talkback: The CGS 'Best of 2013' Nominations Show

2»

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    JamieD said:

So have we ever had confirmation from Paul Pelletier himself that his last name is pronounced Pell-uh-tee-ay? The guy's from Maine like me (though I seem to recall he's from the Portland area, where as I'm from Bangor), and as many people as I knew growing up there who came from French Canadian ancestry, all of the Pelletiers I knew always pronounced it Pell-uh-teer.

When it comes to my mispronunciations of names this one falls back to a Hockey player of the same last name that they pronunced the same way I do, as normal with these things I am probably wrong
    You could very well be right, I just wasn't sure. He's from Southern Maine which has a much larger "speaks French at home" contingent than where I grew up, so they may actually care to pronounce it accurately. :D
  • Options
    First the Morrison bashing in the spotlight, then you nominate Battle for the Atom (shudder) as best story... going to have to close my ears next time you guys talk about xbooks ;)
  • Options

First the Morrison bashing in the spotlight, then you nominate Battle for the Atom (shudder) as best story... going to have to close my ears next time you guys talk about xbooks ;)

If there is anything to hate about "Battle of the Atom" I have yet to find it.
  • Options
    Same here, I am have a lot of fun reading the X-books and I really dug Battle of the Atom.
  • Options
    Ive been finding the xbooks great recently too, but that event fell completely flat for me. The future xmen were so low stakes as characters that I didn't care at all what happened to them, and what was their motivation?!? 'The humans will always hate us' in response to a sniper and a load of Dragons attacking the president?!? Wolverine got yet another kid, kitty becomes the biggest flip flopper ever between two issues (seriously, find her interaction with Illyana in Watxm, then compare it to the last issue). And some of the art in the last part was so rushed it was embarrassing.
    There were some good character moments, but I think it was one of the weakest xstories in a long time.

Oh and storm not realising the girl who looks exactly like her, with a pet black panther from the future was her daughter... dumb.

Lol. I really disliked that event! :)

Glad Infinity got some love though. Thought that was one of the best Marvel events since AoA.

And every year I kick myself for not getting involved in nominating... best writer $ artist should go to Mike Mignola... every year!