Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Ape to publish Sesame Street books

Not for me, but I know there's a general muppet love on these forums http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=38025

Comments

• Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I've been holding my tongue on this one for a while. Glad the cat is out of the bag finally.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    I want to be all about this since we just had our first little one recently but that damn fairy and Elmo have ruined my ability to watch any of the newer Sesame Streets. Just give me my old friends back and I'd be cool. Not 15 minutes of bad CGI fairy school. No Count, no Snuffleupagus, no Oscar, barely any Bert and Ernie... it just breaks my heart.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Zhurrie - you can find a ton of the old stuff on you tube. That's how we introduced our little one. Plus then you can pick and choose in 2-4 minute segments.

You won't avoid Elmo, Abby or Zoe. It's their show now. I think it actually does a better job of educating than during the 70's when I watched it. I can see the general sarcastic humor and cynicism of my generation starting in that show though.

Nowadays it is all earnest and gentle humor. It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out for our kids.
  • Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    This is an exciting announcement. My daughter will love it. I hope there is a ton of variety and original art. Lots of this licensed product we've seen strings together stock images into a story and ends up feeling cheap and clunky.
  • Options
    electric_mayhemelectric_mayhem Posts: 641
    edited April 2012
    Now this is WORTH 3.99.