Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel confirms "Black Widow" movie in development

2»

Comments

• Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314

Also, I will never understand why anyone wants to see Scarlett Johansson in anything other than a bikini. She is completely mediocre as an actress and has gotten away with reading every line of dialogue exactly the same because of her sultry voice and sex appeal. When it comes to Black Widow I have no choice but to accept her because I want to enjoy the movies set in this universe, but I'd never watch a solo movie, or any other movie in which she is THE star.

I used to really dislike ScarJo.

The Avengers changed my mind.

She is the human core of the film. And she does a great job. In this one, too.

I have become a fan.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

Matt said:

Okay, having seen Winter Soldier, I'm more convinced Scarlett owns the role & that a solo movie could work. I think Elektra failed because of minimal expose of the character. Widow has been in 3 movies so far & her role has only increased. I think besides having more of an exposure, the movie has the connection to a solid movie universe.

M

Elektra failed because of lack of exposure? Not because the only post-2000 comic book movie worse than elektra was catwoman?

Also, I will never understand why anyone wants to see Scarlett Johansson in anything other than a bikini. She is completely mediocre as an actress and has gotten away with reading every line of dialogue exactly the same because of her sultry voice and sex appeal. When it comes to Black Widow I have no choice but to accept her because I want to enjoy the movies set in this universe, but I'd never watch a solo movie, or any other movie in which she is THE star.
    I don't lump Catwoman with Elektra because besides the name, there was nothing connecting it with comic books.

I think Elektra had limited role in DD, so she wasn't exposed enough to get a successful solo movie.

There's a long list of actresses & actors you can lump into that group. If you're not gonna see the solo movie, that just means 1 less person we'd have to hear shred the movie because of the actress.

M
  • Options

Matt said:

Okay, having seen Winter Soldier, I'm more convinced Scarlett owns the role & that a solo movie could work. I think Elektra failed because of minimal expose of the character. Widow has been in 3 movies so far & her role has only increased. I think besides having more of an exposure, the movie has the connection to a solid movie universe.

M

I think a solo movie would work - some type of spy thriller with cameos scattered throughout.

If they did not want to move on a solo movie, putting Black Widow in a teamup movie with Hawkeye or even Nick Fury could really work.
    We've already heard Budapest & a prior run in with the Winter Soldier. There's 2 cameos right there.

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

There's a long list of actresses & actors you can lump into that group. If you're not gonna see the solo movie, that just means 1 less person we'd have to hear shred the movie because of the actress.

M

^:)^
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    Matt said:

Matt said:

M

I think a solo movie would work - some type of spy thriller with cameos scattered throughout.

If they did not want to move on a solo movie, putting Black Widow in a teamup movie with Hawkeye or even Nick Fury could really work.
    We've already heard Budapest & a prior run in with the Winter Soldier. There's 2 cameos right there.

M
    And she already knew who the "Big Guy" was. Possible three.
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    edited April 2014
    Elektra should have been the comic book movie equivalent of Kill Bill instead we got an hour of sitting around pining for her neighbor and not doing anything. As for Black Widow there is no reason she has to carry the movie by herself. They are creating these miniseries on Netflix they could bring in one of those characters in as a supporting role.

Her current comic book series shows what she is doing in her off time when she is not spying or being a super hero. I think you could fit in a story where she ends up in NYC fighting mobsters with Daredevil or someone like that.
  • Options
    spid said:

Elektra should have been the comic book movie equivalent of Kill Bill instead we got an hour of sitting around pining for her neighbor and not doing anything. As for Black Widow there is no reason she has to carry the movie by herself. They are creating these miniseries on Netflix they could bring in one of those characters in as a supporting role.

Her current comic book series shows what she is doing in her off time when she is not spying or being a super hero. I think you could fit in a story where she ends up in NYC fighting mobsters with Daredevil or someone like that.

Would that be any different then having Falcon or War Machine in the movies for Cap & Iron Man?

M
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    edited April 2014
    Nope, it is the same concept in my eyes. It is not like Black Widow is not a major part of Captain America yet it is still a "Captain America" movie. The simplest team up maybe to follow the comic and pair up a non-brainwashed Winter Soldier and Black Widow to do a movie together it would fit in with the comic books.
  • Options
    Matt said:

Matt said:

M

Elektra failed because of lack of exposure? Not because the only post-2000 comic book movie worse than elektra was catwoman?

I don't lump Catwoman with Elektra because besides the name, there was nothing connecting it with comic books.

I think Elektra had limited role in DD, so she wasn't exposed enough to get a successful solo movie.

M
    You're right, it is a long list. And I don't see the appeal in any of them. But I doubt I would spend a lot of time talking about a movie I didn't like. Also, since when on the internet has not seeing something prevented people from sharing an opinion?
  • Options

Matt said:

Matt said:

M

M
    You're right, it is a long list. And I don't see the appeal in any of them. But I doubt I would spend a lot of time talking about a movie I didn't like. Also, since when on the internet has not seeing something prevented people from sharing an opinion?
    Unfortunately, that list is growing with each new generation of actors & actresses.

I'm trying to start a new internet trend. Its a slow start!

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Another ScarJo film coming out. This one looks a bit "Kubrick-esque"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7wph6xrtXQ