Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1463 Talkback - The CGS 'Best of 2013' Awards Show

The ballots are in, the results are tallied, the champagne is chilled and the Geeks are in place! The time has finally come to announce who and what the hosts and listenership of Comic Geek Speak have chosen to acknowledge as comic books' 'Best of 2013'! It's quite possibly the second awards show you'll experience this week! (55:53)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    "Charles Soule" #thatswhatmurdsaid

First ever winner?
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    If I'm spoiling the winners of the awards, you can delete this...
    NEVER read any Molly Danger! Forever and Velvet wuz robbed! ;)
    Gor the God-Butcher: Yeah, he was a pretty good villain. :D
    Yay! LAZARUS!!! =D>
    Infinity? Well, okay.... 8-| :-<
    Poor R.I.P. Grills =((
    A TIE!?!?! :(( Dam you, Shane! ;-)
    Yay! AFTERLIFE WITH ARCHIE! =D>
    Saga AGAIN?!? :-/ Read the first issue and don't understand the attraction...yet
    Molly Danger again in a tie? Hmm...Dam you, Shane! ;-)
    Yay, Matt Fraction! =D>
    Fiona Staples? Well, okay... :-\"
    Go on , Jeff! Trillium is pretty good... =D>
    Yay, Mike for Lazarus!! =D>
    Congrats, Brian or Bryan B. ^:)^
    Chris E. money in the piggy bank! :@)
    Souleeeeeee! <:-P

All right, the Murd Unmuddled! Good job! ^:)^
  • Options
    Getting to be that someone can't muddle the Murd these days. :)
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    @JamieD, I'm curious to hear your take on James Robinson's Fantastic Four, because I kind of hated it (I'd rate it below "pants"... maybe "soiled undergarments"), enough that I was really surprised that Shane kind of liked it. Maybe it will get better from here - and there are a few things Robinson dropped in there that had me a little curious to see what he'd do with them - but that first impression was awful. But maybe that's just me.

Likewise, @Adam_Murdough‌, I look forward to hearing your thoughts at some distant point down the timeline. :)
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Guys, I think you should make Saga Vol1 a future botm. You won't regret it. :D
  • Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    I'm glad Grills got his in memoriam. I liked Grills.
  • Options
    I would like to mention that I loved FF. Although it received no votes I believe it is because it was up against incredible competition. I didn't vote for it, but it was a top book for me. Good nomination.
  • Options

"Charles Soule" #thatswhatmurdsaid

First ever winner?

Admittedly, I'm in no way involved in the conception, administration, or adjudication of the "That's What Murd Said!" contest--it's strictly Jamie's baby--but I don't think that's the way the game is played, OGM. The idea is to collect ALL the "TWMS" phrases-that-pay, as identified by Jamie in various episodes of CGS this month, and then send in a complete list at the end of the contest period to become eligible for a prize. Jamie will make an announcement about the contest on our next Previews episode, to be released tomorrow.

• Options
    Aw, crap. So we gotta actually work for it? LOL!