Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Thanks Mike Wallace for all the great reports on 60 minutes RIP (tick, tock)

mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
The toughest guy in tv passed away yesterday at the old age of 93. Whether it was a guy that was going to pull a scam, a dictator, a crooked politician, or a civil rights leader just to name a few. He always sought the truth & bringing to light for all to see every week on 60 Minutes one of the journalist making the series appointment television every Sunday year after year.

My thoughts are with his family & friends & may he rest in peace.

Matthew

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I saw all of these journalists tweeting their respects to him today, and I kept thinking that so very few of them now could hold a candle to Mike Wallace. I always respected that he was never afraid to ask someone the tough questions that needed asking, and was always grateful that I was never the one being asked!
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited April 2012
    Journalism these days is mostly condensed into the 7 minute brief interview(s) on the Today show on the B list celeb lets call her Lindsay Lohan & it is stretched for 2 or 3 days. What is little more than gibberish in terms of news value for the American public. With 60 Minutes & one on one interview shows that follow its mantra. Seek the truth, tell the story, & only the truth needs to be the bright yellow path for all journalists. I hold few professions in high regard these days one that of journalist (note I didn't say blogger) that gets you the story as it happens/or the one on one newsmaker interviews & the other being a comedian to make fun of the people that are in the news to give you to see it from a different angle that the journalist can't get away with & laugh at a little bit.

Matthew