Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Hi-Fi Color for Comics: Revised Edition KICKSTARTER!

Hey everyone! GeekyWhiteGuy is back!! I was super active on the LAST CGS forums but have just been a lurker since they relaunched here in the new forums.

WAAAAAAAY back in 2008...episode 386, the CGS boys interviewed Brian Miller about his then upcoming book, Hi-Fi Color for Comics which was an educational book to teach people how to use Photoshop to color comic books like a pro. Published by Impact books it sold out all 10,000 copies! But the demand has remained high for the book. So much so that I recently saw a copy on ebay for over a hundred dollars (yowza!!). So last year Brian and his wife Kristy got the publishing rights back from Impact and we have been preparing for a kickstarter to help us fund a NEW printing of a revised edition of the book! And now...that time he here.
You probably have a few art instruction books in your collection and I bet you found some more useful than others. Some books talk at great length about art and can be quite interesting. Other books show the author creating amazing illustrations but don’t always give you the information you need to achieve similar results. The most helpful art instruction books don’t merely talk about art, or show you art, they teach you how to create something you could not have achieved before owning the book. Hi-Fi Color for Comics provides you with step-by-step tutorials and artwork teaching you how to color comic book illustrations from start to finish.
Hi-Fi Color for Comics is back baby!!! The Kickstarter campaign is running right now (through the beginning of April). There are loads of awesome rewards and the stretch goals we have planned are just bonkers! The artwork you'll get to work on is some of the best line art in the world. Please don't miss this! It's a great book written by some really great people. Click the link below to explore the rewards and stretch goals. There's also NEW rewards being added soon (today I think) so don't miss it! :D

http://kck.st/1eOUfhk

Let me know what you think right here OR on twitter at @GeekyWhiteGuy

Comments

• Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    edited April 2014
    There's only 39 hours left! If you haven't supported this campaign yet then you should really consider it, and spread the word. This will be a great book on digital coloring. And if we're able to reach the final stretch goals it will add even more material to the manual to make it an incredibly valuable book on digital coloring.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Funded! With all of the stretch goals unlocked! This is going to be such a rad book!