Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1470 Talkback - Questions From the Internet (and Stuff)

2»

Comments

• Options
    WhirlwindWhirlwind Posts: 94
    I very much liked the Superhero Fight Club idea - as long as it is used sparingly. As (I think it was) Jamie D said, entire podcasts can be built around the idea. That said, who among us hasn't debated a Thor/Superman throwdown, or matched up the likes of Batman and Wolverine?
  • Options
    I always wanted to read Killraven. I don't believe any stories of him were ever collected, but maybe I'm wrong. For all I know there is a trade collecting his entire story. I love the concept behind him and his world. I think that would make a great series to come out now and have it all take place in the Marvel future. Have him travel what the world is like, almost like Old Man Logan in a sense. It can be completely separate from any current Marvel continuity. I think it could be a great series with the right creative team.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

I always wanted to read Killraven. I don't believe any stories of him were ever collected, but maybe I'm wrong. For all I know there is a trade collecting his entire story. I love the concept behind him and his world. I think that would make a great series to come out now and have it all take place in the Marvel future. Have him travel what the world is like, almost like Old Man Logan in a sense. It can be completely separate from any current Marvel continuity. I think it could be a great series with the right creative team.

Click the (fake) Omnibus image for an earlier discussion some of us had on Killraven.

Curb your enthusiasm. This is a mock-up that I created. Click for further discussion.

You can pick up Essential Killraven for less than $10 on Amazon, if you don't mind it in black and white. I can't handle the essentials for that very reason, but good reads for cheap isn't a bad deal. Essential Killraven contains Amazing Adventures #18-#39, Marvel Team-Up #45, Marvel Graphic Novel #7 and Killraven #1.

A GREAT Killraven collection I bought off ebay and read was the Killraven (HC TPB) by Alan Davis which reprinted the six-issue mini-series from 2002-2003. Top notch art and a near perfect tone to what had been (almost) established before. Problem with the original Killraven run was that it was full of so much potential and good ideas surrounded by a lot of bloat and unfinished threads... His appearance in Avengers Forever was spot-on.
  • Options
    Thanks. I did see after I posted that there was an Essentials out there, but I'm not big on black and white when it was originally in color either. If the comic was always in black and white, then I'm fine with it, but if it was in color originally, for some reason I don't like reading it in black and white. I am also not big on the Essentials because it's a lot of pages hedl together by a flimsy cover. If it was hardcover, I might like them more. I may do the Killraven Essential though just to read it, especially because of the price being low and I would like to read it.

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited May 2014

If it was hardcover, I might like them more. I may do the Killraven Essential though just to read it, especially because of the price being low and I would like to read it.

Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated.

This seller on Ebay has a bunch of issues for less than a buck apiece if you want to give it a whirl...
  • Options
    Royal_LanternRoyal_Lantern Posts: 291
    edited April 2014
    Awesome. Thanks!
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Good episode as usual! I love the questions from the Internet format. Image: Image started up just when I was winding down my collecting. I was a graduate student at the time (late 80's, early 90's) and couldn't really afford to invest or speculate, so I have only one copy of X-Men #1, for example. /// Wow, 20 long boxes behind Murd!! Well, maybe I'm weird compared to other folks on the forum, but I'm pretty much caught up with everything. Basically if I buy it, I will find the time to read it! I probably read about 3 comics a day. //Muddle-The-Murd: Wow, I drew a blank with those Asian-American characters--Jolt, Jubilee, Turbo...wow. What? OMAC was Cambodian? I didn't notice that...well, that was a funny non-muddle.