Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Trades help please

I'm looking to take advantage of InStockTrades sale this month on DC and IDW trade paperbacks and was looking for some suggestions on possible purchases. I have been unable to purchase new books for about a year now due to going on disability and have around $75-100 to spend due to my birthday coming up. I'm asking for help on possible DC titles as I've always been a heavy DC reader. I greatly appreciate all your help in this area.

I currently own the two Crisis', Kingdom Come, 52, Countdown, Identity Crisis, The Killing Joke, Batman Year 1, Batman Year 2, The first 3 Showcase on the Flash volumes. I also have the four 7 Soldiers of Victory which for some reason I have never been able to make it through.

Again, I appreciate any help you guys could offer.

Thank you,
Shane

Comments

• Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    52, Flash: The Return Of Barry Allen, the Batman: Knightfall trilogy (along with Batman: Azrael), The Death And Life Of Superman...
  • MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    How about:

DC
    Watchmen
    The Dark Knight Returns
    All-Star Superman
    Batman: No Man's Land
    JLA/Avengers

IDW
    Star Trek/Doctor Who
    Star Trek/Legion of Super-Heroes
  • If you'd like more Showcase Presents titles, I'd suggest Showcase Presents The Unknown Soldier, Showcase Presents The Spectre, Showcase Presents All-Star Comics, Showcase Presents Weird War Tales, and Showcase Presents Jonah Hex Volume 2 (volume 1 is out of print,I believe).

For DC in general, I'd suggest Batman The Long Halloween, Batman Dark Victory, Batman Going Sane, Justice League International Volume 1, DC Universe: The Stories of Alan Moore, Swamp Thing by Alan Moore Volume 1, The Question Volume 1: Zen and Violence (this may or may not be out of print), DC The New Frontier, Superman Red Son, Superman: Emperor Joker, Superman Batman Volume 1 Public Enemies, Wonder Woman Volume 1: Blood, Wonder Woman Gods and Mortals, Animal Man by Grant Morrison Volume 1, and... I could on and on, but there's a bunch.

For IDW, Ghosbusters Vol 1, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Vol 1: Change is Constant, and Thunder Agents Vol 1 come to mind.
  • Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    You really can't go wrong with those Showcase or Essential volumes.
  • EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    I bit and picked up the Transformers Classics &Transformers UK Classics from IDW. I have wanted them for a while, finally decided I wasn't going to beat the price.