Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

AWESOME! The Avengers give a real dying man his last wish

Sophie Caldecott’s dad Stratford has terminal prostate cancer and she sought out the help of Marvel Comics to bring some joy to his remaining time on earth.
Dad is a huge comic book fan; he collected them when he was young, and absolutely loves the Marvel films. Throughout his illness he has joked that he’ll hang on just so that he can see the next film release. When The Avengers came out he managed to get to the cinema to see it, and it made him so happy. This Spring he wasn’t well enough to get to the cinema to see Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and the DVD release is set for August, which will probably be too late.

We’re going to try and get in touch with Marvel to ask if they can fulfil dad’s dying wish by sending us a copy of the film for him to watch at home. But I think we can go further than that. We’re also going to tweet the Avengers actors and see if they will take a picture of themselves holding a sign saying ‘Captain America/Thor/Iron Man [insert name of character here] for Strat!’ so that we can surprise him with

Read story: http://t.co/lpGltHbHau

Comments

• Options
    Jake1Jake1 Posts: 4
    There is something about those two that just makes me want to believe that they are great people. I have never felt that way about most other people you see in Hollywood, but I have this concept that they know what they have, what their impact can be, and they love it.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I don't know what Marvel Studios is doing to make their actors so happy to do things for fans, but you hear CONSTANT stories about them going the extra mile for fans. Make me damn happy to be a comic book fan when I see the community pull together like this.
  • Options
    miakittymiakitty Posts: 16
    This is what makes me so proud to be a comic fan! These gentlemen are true heroes.